Avoiding Stress During the Busy Holiday Shopping Season with eCardica.com
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (PRWEB) November 30, 2004 -- Here are a few tips and tricks for lessening your woes during the hustle and bustle of the gift-giving season. Each year, thousands of shoppers are plagued with undue stress. Long shopping lines, hurrying to catch sale items and searching for hard to find toys tend to be the most common complaints. There are a few things you can do to avoid or decrease your stress during this hectic time.
1. Avoid waiting until the last minute to buy popular toys. Many people make the mistake of waiting for an item to go on sale. These items tend to disappear off the shelves never to be seen again. Always purchase items as you find them. If the item goes on sell at a later date, many stores now have a price guarantee and will repay you the difference in the amount. If the store doesn"t have a policy of this sort, place the item in layaway. You can always cancel your layaway and buy the item at the current sale price. Regardless, you will be certain to have the desired item.
2. Do not make the mistake of waiting until the last minute to finish up your holiday shopping. Stores are overcrowded with panicked shoppers. Lines will be longer, tension will be mounting and tempers will be short.
3. Try to avoid all day shopping trips. Take a break to unwind between stores. Treat yourself to a nice lunch, a facial, manicure or massage. You"d be surprised how renewed you will feel.
4. Avoid lines altogether by shopping online or purchasing gift cards for friends, family and loved ones. Over the past years, many consumers have turned to the Internet to avoid crowded malls and traveling from store to store to find certain items. You can sit in the comfort of your own home and shop at anytime. Compare prices to get the best deal or quickly locate hard to find gifts. Shop in stores from around the world. There are many advantages to this option and it might save your sanity.
Online holiday shopping and gift cards have become a popular alternative to traditional trips to local malls and shopping centers. Do you have relatives that are hard to buy for? Purchase a gift card! Gift cards can be bought for many stores in numerous denominational values. It"s a perfect solution for far away relatives, college students, teenagers and anyone else on your list.
eCardica.com, a provider of free electronic greeting cards, is now offering the option to purchase a gift card to send with a paper card. These paper greeting cards and gift cards can be shipped anywhere. They are available for a wide range of stores so you"re sure to find one that suits your need.
Take a little more time this holiday season to enjoy your time with friends and family. Send your loved ones a greeting card and gift card from anywhere at any time. Forgot someone on your list? You don"t have to fight the crowds. Simply visit http://www.ecardica.com/papercards.asp today and finish your shopping without tearing your hair out.
About The Author
eCardica.com - eCard Me Baby!
Technology and Stress- How to Prevent Technology From Taking Over Your Life
1. 5-minute rule. How many times do we say, "This will only take 5 minutes" and it ends up taking 20 minutes, making you late for an appointment or client! Anytime you think that something will take you 5 minutes, add on 10-15 minutes.
Top Ten Ways to Reduce Your Stress at Home
Top Ten Ways to Reduce Your Stress at Home
Are YOU Controlling Stress So Stress Does Not Control YOU?
Have you recently moved or started a new job? Do you feel you have too much to do and not enough time to do them? Do you worry about your financial situation? Do you worry about your future? Do you feel your efforts at work or at home go unappreciated?
Stress & Performance: How Much is Just Right?
WHAT THE RESEARCH SAYS
Control Stress or It Will Control Your Business
When we think about stress in the workplace, we usually refer to ulcers or heart conditions, but stress has a much broader impact. It is known that stress is linked to cancer, lung ailments, cirrhosis of the liver, immunity to common illnesses, back problems, and many other medical problems.
Have you ever said the words, "This job/my life is so stressful!" Or something else along those lines?
5 Top Tips To Boost Your Spirits
1. Take a relaxing bath. Add music, candles and a glass of your favourite drink: beer, tea, hot chocolate, wine or even champagne. Close the door and forget about everything else for an hour or so. This helps to increase levels of calmness and the calmer we feel, the less likely we are to get stressed out or depressed.
Coping with Stress
Everyone experiences stress at some point in their life. In fact, stress is a natural part of life.
Be Yourself And Zap Stress!
Ask a hundred different people how to deal with stress and you'll probably get the same amount of different answers....
Common SENSS Stress Control
Statistics show that all of us experience stress at one point in time or another. It is no longer a question of whether or not we are stressed, but rather how much stress we can tolerate. A consistently high level can lead to many physical ailments such as gastro-intestinal problems, sleep disorders, headaches, heart attacks, flu, frequent colds, cancer, skin problems, depression, and chronic pain. For example, it does not mean that every single incidence of heart attack is caused by stress, but the bulk of evidence suggests that stress is an important factor. The goal in stress control is not to eliminate stress, but to create more of a balance between your demands and coping resources. The first question to ask is "Do I actually want to be less stressed?"
Stress Management: Declare Your Freedom From...
Stress Managment and Mastery: Break the Rules!
Of all the sources of stress in our lives, faulty emotional rules are one of the most debilitating. These faulty emotional rules are typically ingrained during childhood and become a part of how we live. Because they are largely unquestioned, we rarely stop and consider how they might be influencing our lives. If unchecked, these rules can even run our lives.
Stress: Daily Self-Care Habits to Manage Stress
Today we have more stress in our lives than ever before ? good stress, bad stress, red stress, blue stress (my little ode to Dr. Seuss). No matter what kind of stress it is, a real crisis or an imagined one, stress is incredibly harmful to our body, mind and soul.
Haris Stress Inventory
Conceptualizing stress: Stress often has a negative connotation. Failure, illnesses, distress are often marked as stress. Stress can also be a result of factors like job promotion, transfers, first love and the like.
There is no Such Thing as Good Stress
Q: What is Stress?
Anger Management: Are You Able To Say Both Yes! And No! ?
I hear from many people that they see ever increasing expressions of anger in their everyday life. Understanding the process of anger is an important topic for all of us to take a closer look at.
Stress Management: An Owners Manual for Your Brain
Here's an amazing quote from Time magazine:
100 Ways to Reduce Stress
Don't let stress wear you down. Next time you are feeling stressed, step back from the situation and try one of the following tips to take control of the situation and de-stress:
Stress Managment: How to Beat the Get By Syndrome
I'm sure you have heard of IBS, irritable bowel syndrome, a painful and difficult-to-treat digestive disease.
Stress Managment: Worry is the Prescription for an Ulcer
Have you ever listened to someone, perhaps even to your self, talk about being worried? You'll hear things like, "I'm so worried", "I'm worried sick", or as my mom used to tell me, "You worry me to death!"
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|