11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From The Miracle On Ice
1. Know Where You're Going ? Coach Herb Brooks had a strategic plan for assembling the American team. Take time to determine the direction you want to take your small business, then put in place the action steps and players to accomplish your goals.
2. Rise To The Occasion ? 13 days earlier, Russia beat the Americans 10-3 in an exhibition, but when it counted the Americans claimed victory. Whenever you have the opportunity to take on an incredible challenge, believe you are qualified to accept it.
3. Finish The Job ? After beating Russia, Team USA still had to play Finland two days later for the gold. Enjoy victories along the way, and stay focused on tomorrow.
4. Let Everyone Celebrate ? Captain Mike Eruzione invited every player onto the gold medal platform?a break in Olympic tradition. Be sure to reward your entire team for your successes.
5. Avoid Overreacting ? At least one Russian threw his silver medal into a Lake Placid dumpster. When something doesn't go as planned, pause, then get to work fixing it.
6. Never Give Up ? The Americans trailed in six of their seven Olympic wins. As a small business owner, there will be tough times; always believe you will make it through them.
7. Rally Around A Cause ? Team USA brought together an America that was dealing with difficult political issues around the world. Focus your team on the big picture, so everyday distractions don't interrupt the plan for achieving your goals.
8. Put Yourself On The Map ? Lake Placid has a current population of 2,638?but it will always be remembered in sports lore. Create lasting moments, whether world famous or simply in the immediate vicinity of your small business.
9. Check Your Ego ? Brooks said, "The players had big egos, but they didn't have ego problems." Be confident, while keeping in mind that to be a leader you need followers.
10. Develop Overachievers ? The young Americans blended together to be the best team in the world. Inspire your team to seek heights they can't imagine are possible.
11. Be Memorable ? Al Michaels' call of the game's final seconds is one of the greatest in sports broadcasting history. Aim high! Make your small business the best it can possibly be.
Copyright © 2005 by Success Handler, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Coach, David Handler, is the founder of Success Handler, (http://www.successhandler.com), and specializes in helping small business leaders find clarity and take action. He understands the challenges of running a business, because he's been there ? as a small business owner, franchisee, franchisor, corporate leader and trainer. Much like sports coaches, his coaching will show you how to compete on a level playing field in your industry.
7 Advantages to Incorporating
There's no question that hard work and a little luck is what it takes to BE successful. But a little knowledge, especially when it comes to setting up your business, will help you STAY successful.
How to Protect Yourself & Your Business
As a business owner, you already know how important it is for your customers to feel safe about doing business with you. After all, if a customer even suspects he may not receive everything he was promised, then chances are he's taking his business elsewhere. So to prevent that you offer guarantees, secure payment methods, prompt customer service, and more. You do whatever it takes to show each customer that you are sincere and trustworthy.
A Look at Small Business Incorporating in Florida
The choice to incorporate a small business in Florida has several advantages. Corporations are separate legal entities and, as such, the corporation rather than individual owners pay both the taxes and the liabilities. If you are thinking of running (or are currently running) a small business, incorporating in Florida might be a good idea because you would no longer held personally liable if your business suffered a downturn.
Explode Your Consulting Income
Here are just a few ways to increase and diversify your income from your consulting business.
Starting a Business in New Hampshire
Hew Hampshire car wash market. Well we have visited every city in New Hampshire over the population of 10,000 at least twice, the larger ones four and five times talking to many people in various industries. Landscapers, brick layers, Heating and Air, Plumbers, Car Dealers, Professional People, Politicians, wood be politicians, chamber of Commerce Personal, Economic Development people and just nice folks on the street. Including skateboarders; Hockey and Soccer Moms; Canadian Tourists and this last visit mourners for the Old Man of the Mountain who died in vain after a Harsh winter of snow and rain. The ceremonies were good and respectful of our fallen gentleman. But the world marches on and with more places to go and people to meet including an in depth look into what makes Nashua tick. One of the major populated cities in NH and there are not many of them. Total Population is about 1,272,600 approximately.
Q and A: Personalized Birthday Cards from Paul Leonard
Paul Leonard's BirthdayCards2Go.com paid greeting card service offers convenience when you're rushing to send birthday wishes. While nothing can beat a personalized poem to add that extra touch of thoughtfulness, we can all agree that in this busy world, any connection we can make with each other, even just to say "Thinking of you," is worthwhile.
New Habits, Rebounding Economy Help To Sell Giftware and Collectibles
Just a few years ago, when one thought of a home-based sales business, Tupperware, Avon and a host of multi-level marketing schemes might have come to mind. Today, however, changing market conditions and evolving consumer habits have converged to make home-based selling businesses a realistic opportunity with real profit potential.
Creative Business Card Marketing
Announcements can be handed out as a business card
Small Business - Big Business...Whats the Diff?
Small Business, Big Business ? What's the Diff?
Increase the Wealth in Your Community
Many of us have noticed how some nearby communities seem to be "wealthier" than other nearby communities. They seem to have more shopping markets, more restaurants, more choices; items often cost more in these communities than they do in surrounding areas, yet the affluence remains where the prices are high; people are drawn to these communities, bringing even more resources and more wealth.
Building A Business That Works For You
Before you want to build your business, you need to know why you are in this business.
How to Create an Employee Manual
Large corporations use employee manuals to both educate employees about policies and protect themselves legally. Whether or not you need an employee manual is your decision, though it can be a great tool for keeping your policies consistent.
Racing the Competition
What is the Big Race all about when it comes to creating relationships?
Should I Franchise or Not?
A reader of one of my online sessions asked should he franchise his business or not. He had set up a service business and was getting ready to expand and wanted to know if franchising was a good potential strategy for this. How do I franchise my business? There are many criteria for franchising and if you have ever thought you might wish to franchise your business then this advice could be of value to you:
FTC Adding to the Franchise Rule
Last summer the FTC put forth a report and then asked for comments on modifications of the franchise rule. There has been no real significant changes since the 1970's, but lots of opinions and case law along the way. All these complications of rules and the rules proposed today by the Federal Trade Commission do not help franchisors remain efficient or franchisees sell more pizza, hamburgers or donuts.
How Small Business And Nonprofits Can Afford Multimedia For The Web
Multimedia is everywhere on the Internet, whether in the form of floating ads at major websites, streaming video or animated presentations. Of course, there is a good reason why multimedia has become such an integral part of the web experience: it's an effective tool for capturing attention or provoking visitors to buy or contact the site owner. For these reasons, many educational institutions, businesses, and other organizations desire multimedia presentations. Unfortunately, at first glance multimedia, often appears prohibitively expensive for small businesses and non-profits. The following represent a number of ways to control the high cost that typically accompanies multimedia production without losing quality. We believe these suggestions will ensure that you save money but still feel good about your investment.
Hiring A Virtual Assistant Can Help Your Business Grow
Are you a home or small business owner and you're Webmaster, receptionist, and assistant all in one, but you've found that there isn't enough time in the day to complete all of these administrative tasks? A "Virtual Assistant" could be your answer.
Pressure Washer Concrete Cleaning Equipment
Cleaning concrete is tough and there is an easy way and a hard way. There is one thing you need to understand when you are pressure washer cleaning concrete; the concrete cannot always be made to look brand new again after it has been stained. You can always get stains lighter or bleached but completely removing it is very difficult, sometimes you get lucky, but if you are looking for perfection, chances are you will be underwhelmed. So when talking to customers let them know up front and explain this to them otherwise they will be asking for a job that just can't be done unless the entire concrete slab is ripped up and re-poured.
Private Investigator Tactics
A Private Investigator is a professional trained in the art of investigations and surveillance. Otherwise known as Private eyes or, these professionals are for hire 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Many investigators have backgrounds in CIA, FBI, military, special forces, police, and government. I assume you all have heard of the famous Sherlock Holmes, and his trusty side-kick detective Watson. They were a type of private investigator. Today's private investigators use modern technology along with investigator training to serve the public and attorneys, police investigations, insurance investigations, and so much more.
Is This The Way Its Always Been Done?
Let's face it, we all tend to get stuck in doing things 'the way they've always been done', and creating products, or services, in a similarly conservative mode.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|