How to Build Your List ? 7 Powerful Strategies
If you have been an internet marketer, or had any type of online home based business, for more than a few days, then you will no doubt have heard someone say, "if you want to make money online, you have to build an opt-in list."
Take that advice very seriously, because it's true! It took me a long time to finally let the list building advice sink in, so I didn't start doing it until I had my home business for quite a while. However, once I started building my list, I realized just how important it truly is. My only regret now is that I didn't start a lot sooner.
There are numerous ways to build an opt-in list. However, some are much more effective than others. So, I decided to share seven of the most powerful strategies to build a targetted opt-in list.
Here are seven tips for building your opt-in list, in no particular order:
1) Free Newsletter ? Offering a free newsletter from your website is one of the most common, and effective ways to build an opt-in list. It is also one of the best strategies for building trusting relationships with your list.
Pack your newsletter full of useful information, free resources, tips, tools, and anything else your subscriber list will be interested in. Also, be sure to make it fun and add your personality to it. Then your subscribers will enjoy reading it and get to know you at the same time.
2) Make It Easy to Subscribe ? To maximize your newsletter sign-ups, you must also have a quick and easy way for people to subscribe to it. The best way to do this is to put a simple form on the top part of the left hand column of your websites home page, and all other pages, if possible.
Put a quick sentence or two telling them why your newsletter would benefit them (i.e. freebies, resources, tips, tools, etc?) then have a way for them to add their email address and name below it. This simple form will bring in a lot of your subscriber list.
3) Quality Content ? Packing your website full of quality content will bring in a lot of visitors. Many of these visitors will then subscribe to your newsletter. Your list will grow naturally and so will your search engine rankings, which will bring even more visitors who can join your list. It will eventually turn into a list building, money making cycle.
4) Forums ? There are literally thousands of forums and discussion boards on the internet where people go to discuss all sorts of things and ask questions. All you have to do is find forums related to your particular business and particpate in the discussion.
Most of the forums allow you to put a signature line under your post, which is where you can put a link to your subscription information. Do not spam the forums in any way. Make absolutely certain you offer legitimate posts, with useful information, or you will ruin your reputation in no time.
5) Write Articles ? This is well-known technique for establishing yourself as an expert in your field and getting inbound links to your site. Furthermore, it is just as effective for building your opt-in list. All you have to do it put a link to your newsletter subscription in the byline of the article and submit the article to websites, directories, and ezines.
I think writing articles is actually one of the best ways to build your list because the readers already see you as an expert. They will think of you as a knowledgeable individual and someone they can trust before they even join your list. Profits will roll in much faster from these subscribers.
6) Co-Registration ? This is something you may have never even heard of, but it is used by many top internet marketers to build huge lists in a very short amount of time. I actually first learned of this list building technique after reading an article from one of the top marketing experts on the internet.
Rather than go on about what co-registration lists are, instead I am going to simply tell you that they are a very effective way to build a monster list in a short amount of time. You can find my recommended co-registration service at http://work-at-home-jobs-iowa.com/nlb.html. At their website you will be able to learn more about what co-registration lists are and how they work.
7) Write an E-book ? Internet marketers are always looking for freebies to give away on their websites, as bonuses for purchases, and to send to their lists. This is a great opportunity for you to build your own list. All you have to do is write an e-book and let other internet marketers give it away.
The e-book doesn't have to be anything too elaborate; you can just make it a collection of your best articles, business tips, and business resources. Of course, you will put links to your newsletter subscription and website. Then, give it away, and watch it turn into a viral list building machine.
There you have it, seven powerful strategies that are sure to build your opt-in list. Putting these list building strategies into play as soon as possible will quickly sky-rocket your list numbers, and increase your profits, more than you could have ever imagined.
Copyright © Trent Brownrigg
I grant permission to publish this article, electronically or in print, as long as the bylines are included, with a live link, and the article is not changed in any way (grammatical corrections accepted).
About The Author
Trent Brownrigg is a successful internet marketer and home business mentor. Visit his website at http://www.work-at-home-jobs-iowa.com and he will personally help you succeed with your own home business. You can subscribe to his "Biz Tips Newsletter" by sending a blank email to: workathomebiz [at] aweber [dot] com
E-Power The E-zine Advantage
"Regular communication with your customers is essential to your success." - Heidi Richards -
Email Newsletters: Privacy and Unsubscribing
As you likely know from personal experience, the value of email has been greatly tarnished by spam, unsolicited messages, online junk mail. So, many subscribers and would-be subscribers care very much about the exposure of their email addresses.
Why Dont My Subscribers Listen to Me?
I received a very good question froma subscriber and I wanted to share it with you:
Talking Pictures Are the Go!
A Tokyo day care company has begun marketing a "talking picture," which can play messages for up to 12 minutes by holding up a pen-shaped scanner on the photograph. The scanner uses invisible barcodes to activate the sound.
Tips on Using Constant Contact to Create Your Company Newsletter
If you run your own business like I do, you don't have much time to spend fudging around with new programs. Here are some tricks I picked up while using Constant Contact's email marketing software to create my company newsletter.
Explode Your Business
You can make a decent income selling products and servicesbut you can become insanely rich by creating and controllingmarkets.
Who Is Your E-zine Really FROM?
One morning this past fall, I was going through my e-mail inbox, relentlessly deleting junk mail. As you're likely well aware, many spam messages are made to look like they're from a real person.
Ezine Publishing Donts
When I teach ezine classes, I ask the students what they've disliked about the newsletters they've subscribed to. What makes them push that "delete button" or unsubscribe? Below are some of their answers.
Does Your Business Need a Newsletter?
Have you ever thought about it?
The Magic Button That Earns $3,546 or more
Ever wonder how a "guru" earns $3,546 or more just by pressing a button?
Medium and the Message
A debate is raging in e-publishing circles: should content be encrypted and protected (the Barnes and Noble or Digital goods model) - or should it be distributed freely and thus serve as a form of viral marketing (Seth Godin's "ideavirus")? Publishers fear that freely distributed and cost-free "cracked" e-books will cannibalize print books to oblivion.
Where And How To Get Information For Your Newsletter And Ezines
With the rapid expansion and diversion of commerce, manufacturers, career seekers and even hobbyist move into more and more specialized areas of endeavor, there is an increase need for more information. Newsletters and ezines are the high profit way to cash in on that market for specialized information. This means any profitable newsletter or ezines must have valuable information and of renewable sources information.
Formatting your text newsletter correctly can make a failure into a success! Learn how to do it, and why.
10 Tips For Ezine Publishers
1. Many Ezine Publishers use too many styles of separatorin their Newsletter. I recently saw an Ezine that used noless than 7 different separators:
Ezines ? An Excellent Approach To Internet Marketing
What is an ezine? An ezine is an abbreviation for "electronic magazine", also simply put, a "newsletter". Ezines are extremely popular today and are used as an excellent way to attain information through the Internet.
Publishing Special Reports And Ebooks At No Cost
So you'd like to start publishing special reports and ebooks to use as marketing tools and to sell as products. But you have no budget to get this new venture going. Here's a tip to help you get up and running at no cost.
The Nitty-Gritty Of Ezine Publishing
I sat here this morning, and decided to work out exactly how much time I use on creating my weekly ezine, and I almost kinda shocked myself. I`m not the ONLY publisher who refuses to automate, so please, after reading my hours, spare a kind thought for all those other publishers out there that do everything manually, and who really take the time to get down to a personal level with their subscribers.
Finding the GOLD with Ezines and Google!
Publishing Your Own Newsletter - Is It Worth Your Time?
Is publishing your own newsletter worth your time and effort? Most publishers will tell you the rewards are well worth the investment. By publishing your own newsletter you can build recognition and be looked at as an expert in your field of expertise.
What Ive Learned From My Subscribers
As editor/publisher of Book Promotion Newsletter, I am fortunate in having an eclectic group of subscribers who number in the thousands. The ezine is interactive and subscribers are encouraged to share their innovative marketing techniques.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|