Multiplying Sales As A Writer
Often, time is an enemy of writers. Sales seem slow andchecks too small. How does one make the most of theireffort? Here are some tips that will multiply your sales.
1. Companies accepting manuscripts from freelancers offercopies of their writing guidelines and sample copies.Assume there's a reason for them. Study them. The Internetwill save you much postage and time from when I started.Study their web sites as well. What do they tell you aboutthe publication's readers?
2. Think ahead. Lead times for publication are rarelyshort. Writers' guidelines often teach Christmas is inJuly. Lead times can be shorter for the Internet. Learnwhat they are. Submit accordingly.
3. Take advantage of your research. Write more than onemanuscript for the same effort. This adds to yourproductivity. Interviewing a camp director? Write afeature article on how to select a camp for more than onemarket. Write a filler article. Write an article on finding work at a camp.
4. Resell the same manuscript multiple times. My recordfor off-line publication with one manuscript isseventeen reprints. It is easy to surpass this on the web.
5. Resell to editors. Once you sell to a company, sendanother query or manuscript to its editor. Some companiesmay buy from you for each issue, others will buy only onceevery so many months. Learn what they want before yousubmit. Learn this from studying their publication beforeyou query. If they like what you do, keep them happy.
6. Use query letters whenever possible. When an editor hasOK'd a query letter first you usually succeed at sellingthe manuscript . This saves valuable time! Kill fees aremore often offered if article results from a query letteras well.
Take a look at your sales. What has worked for you? Howcan you multiply your sales? Brainstorm more ideas. Making more money per manuscript is possible.
Author info: L. C. Peterson is a freelance writer and website marketer. The writer's personal web site is http://www.lcpeterson.com. More publishing tips can be foundat http://www.publishingebooks.com.
I call it cheap therapy. That gushing, near-religious, poured-from-the-body stress release that comes after writing my heart out for hours each day, delivers more balm to my soul than years of psychoanalysis.
Writing Press Releases That Get Noticed
Among the various foolproof methods used to boost traffic to your site (ezine advertising, and search engine submitting, to name a couple) one method seems to be forgotten about by many new Internet marketers. That method is writing press releases.
Getting To Know Your Characters
Interesting characters that readers care about are the most important 'ingredients' in your novel.
How many of you take the time to really write down your thoughts?
Get Published: The Nuts and Bolts of English, and How to Impress a Publisher (2)
The tiniest things can be so useful when you come to consider the nuts and bolts of writing. The comma is one of them. No, don't go away: it's a useful device that's often used badly -- or ignored altogether.
2nd Installment on Autobiography
How to Catch the Writing Bug
----------------------------------------------------------Permission is granted for the below article to forward,reprint, distribute, use for ezine, newsletter, website,offer as free bonus or part of a product for sale as longas no changes are made and the byline, copyright, and theresource box below is included. ----------------------------------------------------------
Suspense Novels Need Fast Starts
Suspense novels, unlike any other genre, need fast starts. Fans of suspense novels or their close relatives, thrillers, detective stories and mysteries, expect a fast-paced read. These suspense fans want that pace to begin immediately. So, if you want to create marvelous, fast-paced suspense novels, follow this one simple rule.
Looking For Good Copywriter Books?
If you are looking for copywriter books, you'll want to devote some time to reading. In fact, if you plan to look online for your copy writer resources, you might as well just devote your life to reading! There are so many books that are available for you to purchase. Sure, there are standard things that each book will probably include. And, like the vast amount of diets out there, copywriter books are just as versatile and, unfortunately, misleading.
Create the Writing Life You Want
Ah, writing. For those of us who love to play with words, it's like standing in front of a smorgasbord, agonising over which delicacies to try. You can potter about with your writing as a thoroughly delightful hobby - writing wedding speeches, penning dreadful doggerel for people's birthdays, or writing stories to entertain your children. Or you can work at it, hour after hour, determined that your book is going to be the next bestseller. You can choose the writing life that's perfect for you now, then change direction later, as your circumstances change and your experience grows.
Use Real-Life Templates For Writing Success
At some point along the way, most of us have used what arecommonly called "fill-in-the-blank" writing templates. Wemight have used them to write a letter, format an essay, orset-up a resume or CV.
Suspense Novels Made Easy
Suspense novels are probably the easiest novels to write. Suspense novels require a simple formula, which will make your work truly suspenseful. Follow this basic recipe, and you're well on your way to building a whole library of successful suspense novels.
How to Build A Success Freelance Career (Part 2)
Part 1 of this article discussed the experience you need to successfully build a freelance career. Here, I will outline other necessities.
Persisting With Bulldog Determination
Persisting With Bulldog Determination [Book excerpt from Successercising}by Rick Gettle © 2003-2004
Top Ten Great Headline Ideas
What Makes a Great Headline?
Bring Out the Natural Writer in You
Think you can't write a book that will sell? You aren't a natural writer? In fact, you don't really like to write?
How To Be A Published (Non-Fiction) Author
1. Turning your idea into a book
Childrens Stories - The Essentials
There is no specific formula for children's fiction. There are, however, some necessities. Whether you are writing a humorous picture book or a coming-of-age novel for young adults, you will need: a main character, a setting, a problem or goal and a satisfying ending.
Writing New Ideas
Someone once commented that there were no new ideas to write, that all that could be done was a recombination of the words and phrases for a deeper, more personal expression of meaning. They have completely missed the point and purpose to 'writing'.
Screenwriting ? The Value of Structure
Structure in the form of frameworks, work processes and goals enhances creative output:
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|