Making More Efficient Use of Your Time
You can lose, damage or waste some things in life, and then, get them repaired or buy them again. With time, you cannot do that. Once time has gone, there is no way to get it back! If you realise that a certain period of your life was less productive, or was lost in one way or another, there is no point in dwelling on it negatively; the best thing you can do is to learn from any mistakes, thus turning them, and therefore your time, into a positive use.
If you have had an unproductive period, set aside some time and meditate on why you feel that period of time was not productive. Analyze what you did wrong, what prevented you from having better results, and what may have contributed to your disappointments. All the information you gather will be very useful when it comes to drawing positive results from your past mismanagement, or misuse, of time. You can plan on the basis of what you have learnt from your own mistakes. Instead of wasting more time on regret, you will be turning mistakes inside out and upside down, changing them from a magnet for regret, into a source of valuable knowledge.
Here are some suggestions which you might want to bear in mind, when formulating your plan:
· Think about your ambitions, desires and aspirations, then prioritise them and make time for accomplishing them. By doing that you'll have the feeling your time has been used in the best manner possible. Concentrate on choosing especially those things that you always said you would do, but never actually did That way you may feel an impression you somehow made up for the lost time.
· Never postpone things that have to be done, such as: duties, paying taxes, apologizing to the persons you hurt, and spending time with your family. All these actions are essential, so draw from them the certain charm they offer, and enjoy the feeling of completeness when they performed at the right moment.
· We all have dynamic lives, and we have thousands of things to do each day. That is why it is essential to make the right choices, and concentrate on the priorities. Do not try to please everybody at the same time, because you will get exhausted quickly, and probably end up by disappointing everybody, including yourself. Accept the fact that you can never be able to satisfy everybody. Focus on the persons you really care about, and who would be most upset if you neglected them. It is them you are not allowed to let down. That does not mean you have to neglect entirely those others seeking your help or support, but you do need to provide balance, to utilize your time in the best was, and keep to your priorities.
· Try to deal only with people with an efficient time management, and who make a positive contribution to your life, family and work. Don't waste your time with people who repeatedly waste yours, those who are late for appointments, postpone meetings, or never get there. Try to have people in your life who understand how precious time is. If your job obliges you to deal with this kind of people, always try to have a back up plan at hand, something else to do, in order not to waste your precious time. Be prepared to say "no" or "excuse me, I have much to do". It is your right, and not a sign of rudeness.
· Learn to do more than one task at a time.You do not need to be Superman to do this. Small things can make a big difference. For example, exercise while watching TV, catch up on the news while downloading software, read the newspaper on the bus, and do some simple tasks with your children. Always remember, there is not enough time for all the things we need to do, so? combine them. That's what I am doing with this article; I have written it in such a way that it is appropriate to two of my ezines. Instead of two jobs today, it has become one.
Keep in mind that time is a gift, for it truly is the greatest gift you have. Without it, you cannot enjoy the millions of other gifts available to you. Make sufficient time for exercise, preparing and eating the right food, and one of life's essentials, relaxing sleep. That way, you will live as you are supposed to ? as if everyday were the best day of your life!
What Would Save You Time?
We all get overwhelmed from time to time, and sometimes it seems as if 24 hours a day is just not enough to get everything accomplished that we would like. Let's consider this a brainstorming session. Start creating a list of everyday tasks that, if you didn't have to do them, would allow you to have more time in your day. For example, most of us have to do laundry on a regular basis. That takes time. What about making dinner? Commuting? The list goes on. These types of tasks are usually necessary and unavoidable. It would be fantastic if we could hire a housekeeper, a personal chef or a chauffeur to handle these things for us. More often than not however, we end up doing ourselves the things that need to be taken care of each day.
If Only Your Brain Was the Size Of That Of an Ant You Could Easily Implement Habits
A year and a half ago I was introduced to something called Swarming or Swarm intelligence.
Being Busy Does Not Equal Being Productive
How many people do you know who are so busy being busy that they never seem to get anything worthwhile done? Does that describe you, maybe even just a little bit?
Career Redesign Tools For Work-Life Balance
Partnering with the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the Wharton School, Thirdpath Institute, a non-profit whose mission is "To assist individuals and families in finding new ways to redesign work to create time for family, community and other life priorities," held a 2-day conference in May, 2004 for lawyers, entitled "Having a Life: Creating Work-Life Balance in the Law." I was part of a small team of career and work-life professionals who facilitated small group breakout sessions that were held throughout the conference.
Time Management: How To Get More Done
If you can regularly ask yourself "Am I regularly and consistently working on those items that will move me towards my clearly defined goals?" and honestly answer "Yes" then you are probably doing ok.
The Kaizen of Goal Setting
There is an old way of goal setting and a new way of goal setting!The old way of goal-setting involved setting yor goals, preparing a list of sub-goals, and then carefully checking them off one after another (as and when they were being accomplished). Am I trying o pour cold water on the goal setting method many of us grw up on?Not necessarily
Time Management: A Fresh View
Last week I had the privilege of spending some quality time with a dear friend. Unfortunately we live on opposite sides of the world, so we do not spend a lot of time together, but when we do get together it is an uplifting experience.
Delegate or Drown
Why waste your precious time working on tasks, which are definitely not your forte when you can delegate or invest your money on a product or service which will free up your time? You can then focus on the more important areas in your work and your life.
Time Well Spent
It is common knowledge that creating and living according to a financial budget is a requisite for fiscal health and well-being. Budgets enable allocation of resources according to priorities. $x for shelter, $x for food, $x for clothing, $x for education, $x for savings, $x for transportation, $x for entertainment, etc.
Hows YOUR Productivity?
Microsoft wanted to know how individuals around the world were faring with their productivity. Microsoft seems the logical group to be asking this question since productivity generally follows technology. So from September, 2004 through January, 2005 they ran a survey called the 'Personal Productivity Challenge' or PPC.
Save Yourself Hours of Time in One Easy Step
If you have spent any time at all working at marketing on the web, you will have a long list of affiliate programs and membership sites that you have joined. You may also have a long list if websites that you run. Believe me, if you don't yet, you soon will. Other lists that you may have are search engines or article repositories that you work with.
Freelance Productivity: Do One Thing Extra Each Day
This may not sound like a big deal. But it's amazing how completing one extra task each day can quickly add up and make a difference.
Time Management For Home Business Owners
As each day passes, and more and more things need to get done with your business, you may find yourself alittle overwhelmed with how much is left to be done. This is nothing new, and a problem that almost every home business owner encounters.
Time Management Tips - How to Have a Filing System That Works
Recently I was working with a new client who had invested hundreds of dollars for a records management organisation to set up a filing system for his business.
What Are You Thinking?
What would be your reaction if someone said to you "In the next 24 hours you will be given $10,000 for every chair you sell like the one you are sitting on right now?"
Because Its Been Years Since Youve Seen a Blank Calendar
If you have ever missed an appointment, forgotten to pick the kids up from soccer practice, or lost a sticky note with an important phone number on it, this is your year to get organized. There is no better time than now to recommit ourselves to bringing some order to the chaos that is our modern lives.
Time Management: A Non-Renewable Resource
Benjamin Franklin wrote: "If you want to enjoy one of the greatest luxuries in life, the luxury of having enough time, time to rest, time to think things through, time to get things done and know you have done them to the best of your ability, remember, there is only one way. Take enough time to think and plan things in the order of their importance. Your life will take on a new zest, you will add years to your life, and more life to your years. Let all your things have their place." When you read Franklin's words, what do they mean to you? Do you have enough time to balance your personal needs with your commitment to the outside world? Is stress causing havoc in your life? What exactly does it mean to have your life in balance and how do you achieve it?
Im Too Busy - Oh Really!
If I had a dollar or even better a pound for every time I'd heard a business leader say this I'd be very rich.
Time Management - How To Get More Done In A Day?
Everyday, in life, we are bombarded with 101 tasks that are waiting for us to resolve it. This is especially true when we are involved in internet marketing where we had to check emails, respond to customer queries, set up product page.. etc...etc.. The list goes on...
Taking Time Out to Play - Summertime and the Living is Easy
As the song goes, this is the time to relax, rest, rejuvenate and reward yourself for all the hard work you've been doing. As they say, all work and no play makes Jack & Jill a very dull boy & girl. We all need time to relax and just "play."
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|