Operational Aspects on P and L Statements of Mobile Services Businesses
What kinds of things effect mobile service businesses P and L's? Well this is an excellent question and as I see the Annual reports of companies who do mobile services, such as Ecolab, Service Master, Halliburton, Luftstanza Food Services, etc. I see many similarities. For instance we have noted as many of the others the climate conditions, El Nino effects, Mud Slides, road closures, snow. low temperatures, Hurricanes, etc.
(1) would be extreme weather conditions that affect the demand for such services, this could be both good and bad;
(2) competition in the markets served by their Service Businesses;
(3) Then there are the problems we have encountered in the Silicon Bay area on labor issues during the dot com days. No people to work; full employment and 3.1% unemployment are synonymous. 5% seems to be a good number in any state, it keeps the natives restless and all the work ethic of economies honest, so then we will call. Labor shortages or increases in wage rates effect service businesses of every sector. Well what else?
(4) Well on everyone's mind is health care, under funded pensions, which include health care and increased costs in that industry and the cost associated with parasite attorneys suing for ungodly amounts and costs malpractice suits? Unexpected increases in operating costs, such as healthcare insurance and HMO or perhaps PPO costs. But also realize after 9-11, insurance costs have nearly doubled in every industry. Ours included and the fixed site market participants as well; (
5) Insurance Costs increases effect the bottom line as the liberals and attorneys attempt to make all that which is unequal, equal just the same, it is not and never will meanwhile all service business pay the price for these ideals as this country and it's service sector attempt to operate in an ever increasing sate of liberalist socialism. Did I say that? Yes, and it is true, because all this does effect our bottom lines in the service sector and is carried on in increased costs to consumers as an over burden tax on all we are and all we have built in the most free country on the face of this Earth. Enough on that subject.
(6) Now let's talk about fuel costs. Yes increased fuel costs effect everyone and very much so in the mobile service sector therefore add fuel prices to a major set back in profitability expectations. The President is right we must be careful of our energy appetites and fuel needs, pay attention this effects everyone and of course the P and L of every service business known to mankind.
(7) Well with the thought of transportation costs. Let us discuss the issues of increased traffic and road work delays in most states due to weak budgets bad fiscal policy and general inability to lead, manage and get one worthy piece of legislation that actually helps people out of committee at the state levels, CA being my best example of Hail Marry approach to fix bureaucracy of malfisence, back to the roads traffic. Now lets discuss the real problem plaguing the service sector, which so far has been the last to be destroyed due to it's very efficient nature and business model, especially the mobile side, although we can also look at Jack Welsh's comments to the board in 2000. Service is the future speech also remunerated to the 6 Sigma clan to be.
(8) increased governmental regulation of all sorts. Now we can talk about the general across the board slowing of money flow due to not supply but rate of flow, which is actually the same thing since money supply is so relative really.
(9) General economic conditions in the United States, especially as they consumer spending levels. We should also look at what we often discuss as the Chaos Theory, changing direction quickly is very important in the service sector more than anywhere else, as the consumers and Corporations move the direction of their expenditures, they vote with their dollars and must vote for you if you are to have nay kind of P and L at all. So then those costs associated with directional changes, training, marketing and overcoming delays with cash money for speed, ramp up cost money and the faster you go the more you pay. Ask any military commander or any previous commander in chief, moving things costs money, moving fast is a hyperbolic curve similar to that of co-efficients of drag which is apropos to this particular conversation;
(10) time and expenses associated with integrating and winding down businesses; and other factors which cannot be seen or predicted unless you learn to study the game. It may appear to be a game of chance, but chances are it is neither. The strong survive, but only if they understand their bottom line and what affects it. Does this make sense to you? Care to Opine?
"Lance Winslow" - If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs
The Role of the Business Model and Strategy for Business
People will always stress that having a well researched business plan is key before you start your business. Although creating a business plan is often an important step in the evolution of a business, particularly if you need financing or you are not experienced at running a business, it is not necessarily the essential first step. There are two key elements that should be completed prior to the business plan:
Your Ideal Client ? A Key Concept for Solo and Small Business Marketing
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."--Bill Cosby
Virtual Assistant ? Questions Answered
What is a Virtual Assistant?
Public Relations: Antidote for Small Business Failure
When small businesses fail, the wreckage is often assigned to undercapitalization, among other mistakes. Seldom is failure attributed to a lack of effective communications that might have modified the behavior of sales prospects in a positive way, thus averting bankruptcy.
Making Your Product Desirable For Alliance Partners
How do you make sure you have the business solutions or services that your alliance partner needs?
Marketing a New or Small Business on a Budget
There are almost as many opinions and views on marketing as there are companies to market. The big names and multinationals will have an extraordinary amount of funding set aside in which to convey their marketing message to the masses.
How to Write a Credit Policy for Your Business
The book, "Become the Squeaky Wheel," by New Hampshire author Michelle Dunn, says the different ways people use and extend credit makes or breaks your credit policy and bottom line, which could result in less or more sales and money for your business.
How To Cut Expenses And Manage Your Business
If you own a small business, you should know that often times it can be the little things, rather than the large expenses, that can eat away at your budget. But many times, small business owners will try and increase their profits by looking around at what larger expenses they can cut.
Discover How You Can Start Making Your Small Business Dream Come True
As a teenager I worked for my father's small business. At18 I worked for a small video rental business owned by twopartners; there were 4 employees. At 23 I worked for anauto body shop, the owner was from Greece; there were 8employees. At 25 I became CEO of my family's smallbusiness; we have 15 employees. Today, I own a 3-employeeautomotive repair shop; an online business; a promotionallicensing business and I still consult for my family'sbusiness.
Venus Transit - and Small Business?
On June 8, 2004, the world witnessed what no one living today had ever seen... VENUS - the planet of Love, Beauty and Human Unity - transitting across the face of the Sun.
Dynamics of Daylight Savings Time on Service Businesses in the United States
The Dynamics of Daylight Savings Time changes the way we live and do business. What are the true dynamics of daylight Savings. It was to improve the efficiency of energy supply and demand issues originally. Does it still work for that purpose. To some degree yes. But, not as much as you think. As a matter of fact until people readjust a little it actually hurts energy costs for those cities burning coal. Some cities use fuels to power up. Nuclear is best next to hydroelectric power. Wind sounds great, but we have not perfected that and the tax write off scandalists made a mockery of what could have been great technology and environmentally sound energy. Solar, may work better more now than previously due to the Infrared knowledge and more efficient solar cells due to nano tech. Solar sounds good since it is coming from the sun or space, stuff that happened billions of years ago now reaching us in other spectrums too.
How to Curb Antique Shop Theft Inexpensively
If you have ever had your antique shop or mall ripped off, you understand that it's very hard to detect. There are simply so many items to keep track of, and an item can be missing literally for months and you may not realize it.
Forming a Corporation ? Investors
You've come up with the best idea since sliced bread, figured out a business name and formed a corporation. There is, however, one small problem. You need money. Welcome to the world of investing.
To Buy Or Not To Buy: Lawn Mowing Business
TRUTH IN THE LAWN MOWING INDUSTRY
Three Ways to Add Leverage to Your Small Business
Remember those drawings from science class of how a lever works?
Small Business Pricing Strategies
TACTIC #1 -- Never simply slash your prices, unless you're trying to empty obsolete inventory. Instead, try repackaging your prices so they're more affordable in the short-run so more prospects can afford them. For example, rather than pricing your service for the year, "Our monthly newsletter is only $39 for the year." Instead, try "Our monthly newsletter is only $3.25 per month." If you accept credit cards, it's very easy to set up reoccurring monthly charges that are billed to your subscribers without having to intervene every month beyond the initial account set up. The upside to offering your subscription on a monthly basis is that you can now market a $3.25 headline versus a more expensive $39 headline, i.e. you're able to offer services at a more affordable rate without slashing prices.
Small Home Business: Ad Copy Secrets
So it's time to invest some finances into advertising your business and you are considering producing a flyer to advertise your business. Rather than sweat all night on writing the perfect flyer, first take some time to consider what the experts have found to be effective.
Image of Your Franchise Automotive Outlet is So Important
Image of your franchise automotive outlet is so important. Some say image is everything, well then if you buy a franchise you should be constantly thinking of image and cleanliness. If you read Ray Kroc's book "Grinding it Out" (McDonalds Visionary) or Tom Monahan's (Founder of Dominos Pizza) book "Franchising for Dummies" or Howard Shultz's book; "Pour Your Heart Into it" (Story of Starbucks) you will see they all built brand on image. Even for those of you who are the extroverted sales type, plenty of examples such as "Customer's For Life" by Carl Sewel and "Exceeding Customer Expectations" by Jack Taylor (founder of Enterprise Rent-A-Car). But as I travel the country and have literally been to every city in the country over 10,000 population in the US;
Increase Productivity and Business Success - Take Responsibility
Are you responsible for your results?
Don?t Quit Before You Get to the City!
We were more than excited. Our women's doubles tennis team had won our division, successfully competed in three rounds of the playoffs and had emerged as finalists in the city competition. We fought hard and the results had paid off, but things didn't always look so promising. Just last season we finished in 3rd place. Three of our members decided to throw in the towel and left to find new teams.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|