Achieving Dog Training Success With The 18 Donts Rules
A well-train dog usually leads a happier and healthier life and its owner also can enjoy a trouble-free life long companion. Dog training - basic obedience, house and potty training are therefore essential and important to a dog's education.
The conventional method of dog training tips and guide would be to list a series of things that you should "Do" and you might even know the A-Z of dog training! But sometimes what should be done can be said best by telling what should not be done. Hope you agree with me!
This article seeks to list 18 "Don't" when you train your dog. The reasons for the don'ts will become evident as the lessons continue and each one is based upon the distinctive psychology of the dog's mind.
1. DON'T punish your dog while you are angry or lack control of yourself.
2. DON'T punish your dog with the lead or any instrument of training or anything he should associate with duty or pleasure.
3. DON'T sneak up on your dog or grab him from the rear.
4. DON'T chase your dog to catch him; he must come to you or run after you.
5. DON'T coax your dog to you and then turn upon him with the whip. You will regret the deception.
6. DON'T trick or fool or taunt your dog. It is cruel and inconsistent to tease your dog to come to you when he can not.
7. DON'T punish a dog by stepping on his paws needlessly. They are exceedingly sensitive. Don't twist his ears playfully or otherwise. Never strike him on the backbone, in the face or on the ears.
8. DON'T grab your dog or reach for him quickly. He should never fear his master, should not be made nervous by his master, and should feel that punishment given is deserved.
9. DON'T nag your dog; don't be giving orders to him constantly; don't pester him with your shoutings.
10. DON'T praise a dog for doing a certain act, then at a later time, scold him for doing the same act. If you permit him to bite your toes today and think it fun, do not strike him for doing it tomorrow, when you are not in good humor. Consistency is a chief virtue in dog training.
11. DON'T train your dog immediately or soon after he has eaten.
12. DON'T lose patience with a puppy younger than six months. Never throw or kick a puppy nor lift him by the head or leg or skin of the neck.
13. DON'T train him in feats requiring much strength or endurance until he is at least six months old.
14. DON'T work your dog without some short rest or play periods during training. A five-minute rest for every fifteen minutes of training is desirable.
15. DON'T permit everyone to give commands to your dog. While you are training him, he must be a one-man dog, depending on you alone to feed him and care for him.
16. DON'T consider tricks the chief end or the chief part of training. Usefulness is the object sought in all instruction of the dog. Acts that spring naturally from the dog's instincts are to be fostered.
17. DON'T expect your dog to be a wonderful dog after a few weeks of training; four months to a year may be necessary in order to make the master proud of him, but the work is worth the effort. Training never ends.
18. DON'T jump to the conclusion that your dog is dumb. He may differ with you believing that the trainer should know more than the dog.
To end, try to remember these 18 Don'ts rules, enjoy training your dog and most importantly have lots of fun along the way!
About the Author:
Defend Your Dog and Stop that Hurting Paw!
Of course, we humans use shoes to protect our feet. We insist on it! But dogs usually don't have that luxury, and routinely walk over ice, rock, grass, cement and soil on their bare paws. Their paws' thick pads give them protection we don't have, and that's why they're less susceptible to cuts and grazes. But this doesn't mean a dog's paws are indestructible. In fact, the areas between the pads are very sensitive and can suffer from cuts, burns, and other ailments.
Having a pet is an experiance that I think everyone should have. Itreaches us on a level that few other experiances can. But, not all ofus can handle the kind of committment that is required or we just don'twant to. Whatever it is, it is your decision for your life!
Holistic Pet Care?From a Distinctly Christian Perspective
As a business, I've not been in the holistic pet care industry long. As a pet owner and pet care worker, it has been a very long journey. I came to this industry as a result of not only being extremely frustrated in traditional care and methods but because I am attracted to doing things naturally, the way God intended and always have been. What I've found in this industry is almost an oxymoron though.
Crate Training for Puppies and Dogs
Wondering how to begin crate training your puppy or dog, or even whether you should?
What to Do When Your Puppy Dog Is Chewing Everything In Sight
A puppy wanting to chew makes you want to scream! Doremember that, like children who search their new worldwith their hands, so do puppies search with their mouths.While there is a difference between exploratory chewing andproblem chewing, the problem chewing is sometimes relatedto their need for attention, food or tension release. However,most of the time, puppies tend to chew because they areteething. Expect them to do so until they're about sixmonths old.
Larger Dog Food Isles
Grocery Stores could use some larger Dog Food Isles. Not because there are more brands of Dog Food. Not because there are more Pets. Not because there are more items for sale. The reason is that the level of quality of food Americans are eating these days is less than that of dog food. Have you recently read the ingredients of the food you are eating, with all the chemicals in it? The ingredients and chemicals on some of these labels certainly is not fit for human consumption.
What Are The 6 Keys To Building A Life Long Partnership With Your Horse?
Most people who have horses would like to develop a qualityrelationship with their horse, but only achieve mediocrity,often accepting this as a good result. Why, because theyput there efforts into becoming experts at riding orshowmanship when they really need to be focusing on becominghorseman. First you need to develop a base a startingpoint you can build on, a base involving both the horse andyou, developing a life long partnership.
Round Pen: The Great Equalizer
Although many horsemen and trainers extol the virtues of the round pen, many horse owners still overlook just how powerful such a pen can be in developing or maintaining a relationship with a horse. This is a shame because it is truly what I call the Great Equalizer in a horse-human relationship. Perhaps that bears some clarification?
Dog Potty Training: Can I Get My Dog to Stop Eating It?
Okay, so it's not the cleanest or most appealing of dog behaviors, but it is a serious problem with most dog owners ? how do I start dog potty training so that my dog stops eating poop?!
Tips on Choosing a Boxer Dog...
An easier and more pleasant journey with your chosen Boxer starts with checking out the parent dogs for unbecoming traits like aggression, hyperactive and extreme shyness.
Dog Training ? Early Training Is Essential
Dogs are a fantastic edition to any family but like all youngsters they need training. If you do not train your puppy now it will take a serious amount of help from a training school to get him to be obedient later on. Puppies just like babies learn mostly in their early years and unfortunately will also pick up the bad habits also. Early attention will save you heartache later on and give you more quality time.
Distemper in Dogs - Home Detection Tips
Distemper: Spotting This Dog Killer Before it's Too Late
The Dangers of Canine Parasites
When you get a puppy, one of the first things that you need to do is make an appointment with the vet to get your new family member his or her vaccinations. Along with any recommended shots, your cuddly canine will probably get a dose of a de-worming formula to rid them of any internal parasites.
A Guide to Bird Cages for Sale
As overwhelming as picking out a pet bird can be, picking a bird cage can be even more so. There are so many options available. Sizes range from mere inches to several feet. Styles range from a simple square box to an elaborate house. Materials, too, can vary greatly-iron, stainless steel, aluminum, acrylic, wooden, brass, and wire are all available.
Dog Training Basics
All positive commands should be spoken sharply and distinctly during training. Make sure you also use a positive tone. Your dog will recognize your moods and associate them to their behavior by your tone of voice.
People love big, protective and loving dogs and that's why there are a lot of german sheperd breeders.
Separation Anxiety in Dogs
What is Separation Anxiety?
5 Things to Know about Animal Rescue Groups
Over the past decade, breed rescue groups have become a major force in dog adoptions. These rescue groups limit their effort to a particular breed of dog including purebreds. This is a help to people who want a certain breed of dog but can't or won't use breeders.
Are Westhighland Terriers the Right Dogs for You?
You can look at westhighland terriers and know if it is the right size for your yard, home, or lifestyle, but a little more in-depth knowledge is necessary to determine if westies have the personality for you.
No More Stillborn Kittens ? Know How To Care For A Pregnant Cat
'I named all kittens, although they were all stillborn.' 'My pregnant cat has a bloody vaginal discharge.' 'I had a litter of five, but only one kitten survived.'
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|