What Your Cat Wants You To Know
If your feline friend could speak your language, here a few things she would probably like you to know.
1) I am the boss of you. Get used to it. I decide when I want your company. I am not a dog who relies on you to make these choices in our relationship.
2) I am fenicky. I like the food I like and I will not eat the cheap stuff. I prefer to have the nasty, overnight water left in my dish dumped first thing in the morning. If you cannot accommodate this need, Do Not Yell At Me when you see me desperately dipping my head into the toilet for some fresh water. Believe me, it's not something I Want To Be Doing - But If You Don't Take Care Of Me Properly - I simply have no choice.
3) I like my space. I choose my space. I pick special places through out Our House to lay in the sun, take my afternoon nap, relax after dinner etc... Deal with it. Do not expect me to clean up my own hair. I cannot help it if I shed on your precious sofa, and I personally don't really care if I leave a little bit of me behind on my Favorite places.
4) I do not want to have a new "sister" or "brother" ie: feline relative. If they came to live with you when I did that's fine. If you're trying to improve the quality of my life by giving me a new friend, Forget About It... I don't want one. I like being the Queen/King of Our Domain. I do not want to share my palace with anyone.
5) I like you and I like your children (or most of them). But I chose when I want to be bothered with the youngsters. Please do not push them on me when I'm clearly not in the mood to play, which consequently results in me being forced to let them know I do not want interact with them in the only way I know how - by hissing, scratching, or trying to run away. My actions inevitably lead to you yelling at me for showing my feelings. So we could make life much simpler, if You prevented this whole scenario from the start.
6) I have certain innate needs - like the need for something to scratch - Please make both of our lives easier by getting me something just for this purpose... So I do not have to resort to using the back of the chair, the carpet, the comforter or the front porch screen (which will definitely result in you having to Yell at me yet once more for something that I have a natural desire to do...)
7) Remember You picked me. You decided to bring me into your home. I did not pick you. I had no choice. Yet I treat you with respect and love, thus you should treat me equally as well...
Resource Box - © Danielle Hollister (2004) is the Publisher of BellaOnline Quotations Zine - A free newsletter for quote lovers featuring more than 10,000 quotations in dozens of categories like - love, friendship, children, inspiration, success, wisdom, family, life, and many more. Read it online at - http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8364.asp
Choosing A Rottweiler Puppy? What You Need To Know
So you're getting a Rottweiler puppy? Here are some general tips to help you choose a healthy, happy Rottweiler puppy.
Glow Light Tetra - A Lovely and Peaceful Member of Your Community Tank
Brings live to your community tanks
Westies Dogs ? Please Consider Adopting an Older Westie Dog
Everybody loves a baby animal and Westie puppies are adorable, but new dog purchasers often do not realize the commitment they are making when they bring a puppy home. For those want the companionship of Westies dogs, but do not have the knowledge or patience to endure the training process, rescuing an older Westie dog may be the right alternative.
The Geriatric (Older) Dog
Dogs mature and age at much different rates, usually according to size and breed. It is commonly held that dogs live 7 years for every year that we man does. However, this serve as only a rough guide when converting and calculating your dog's age as dogs grow up very rapidly in their early years and then slow down.
A Dog Day Care Business Can Be A Lot of Fun!
If you love dogs and you enjoy making money then a dog day care business may be a very good fit for you!
Get Educated Before Buying Your Pomeranian From A Dog Breeder
Buying a purebred dog is not something that should be taken lightly and not all breeders are equal. To make sure that you get a good quality dog that will be healthy and happy, you need to do some research and shop around.
Pet Vitamins are Essential for Your Dogs Health
Vitamins for Pets - How Essential Are They?
Antibiotics? I Think Not
Have you noticed that doctors are now being much more reluctant to give you a prescription for antibiotics unless it's proven that you are indeed suffering from a bacterial infection? Well, I wish I could say better late than never, but in the case of antibiotics, we're far too late.
Tips for Introducing Two Cats
Adding a new member to your feline family is usually more exciting for you than your current cat. Even though they are solitary by nature, most cats eventually learn to accept or at least tolerate newcomers. Because they are very territorial, the way you go about introducing the new cat to your existing cat can mean the difference between success or "cat-astrophe."
House Rabbits are Fun and Cute Pets
House rabbits are a perfect pet for many people, regardless of whether they live on a farm or in an apartment. House rabbits are small, easy to take care of, and don't require any expensive supplies like some other pets do. They are cute, friendly, and playful. They are also safe enough that you can have a child play with a rabbit unsupervised, something that would probably not be safe to do with a dog.
Price of Unconditional Love
Why is it that cats get no respect? Are they really the Rodney Dangerfield of the animal world? Dogs get the esteemed title of "Man's Best Friend," while the domestic felines seem to be bastardized as temperamental annoyances. Sure, they can be finicky creatures, as I've heard numerous complaints over the years from guy friends that they have had to pass the "cat test" before getting any play from the female owners they are pursuing. If you are nice to them and bring a fuzzy toy or yummy treat (the cats, not the women), you will have them wrapped around your finger (and her wrapped around your body) in no time. As a male with cats, I have found that my pets are great chick magnets. Of course, I have to actually get the women in my home to see them since I cannot take the cats out for a stroll in the neighborhood, but once the hard part is done, it's smooth sailing from there. The only concern here is that she likes the cats more than me!
You Should Teach Your Puppy Proper Chewing Behavior
As much as you may love your cute, new puppy, if she chews on everything in sight--including you--she will not be cute to you for very long. Puppies that are left to their own devices can destroy a home quickly. Just as training is required to housebreak your little fur ball, training is also necessary to teach them appropriate chewing behaviors.
How to Play Safely with Your Westie Puppies
Just like children, westie puppies learn through play. Playing games with your west highland white terrier pups creates an opportunity to train them to obey your commands, gives them valuable exercise, and helps to build their strength, coordination, and agility. It is also fun for everyone.
A Horse Training Secret From The 1800s To Teach A Horse To Drive Without Lines!
Horse owners who are history buffs may recognize the name Jesse Beery. Beery was an enormously famous horse trainer from the 1800's and early 1900's.
RecoveryPets.Com Dispels The Myths
In a recent discussion about pet safety, the services provided by a website entitled RecoveryPets.Com was compared to microchips and tattoos, and were they a better option to providing identification for pets. During this discussion a lot of statements were made and taken for fact, but here we will dispel some of those myths.
Dog Clicker Training
Dog clicker training is so much fun for both dogs and people that the training part just slips in! Dog clicker training gets the dog to figure out what you want, making it an enjoyable game.
The Top Ten Reasons You Can - And Should - Hold an Equine Educational Event
Boarding, Breeding, Training & Showing Stables:
How To Keep Your Cat Happy and Healthy - Playtime for Kitty
While dogs tend to get lots of exercise, cats are often left to their own devices, having to find their own ways of exercising if they are kept indoors.
Teach a Dog To Swim
You want your dog to swim?
West Highland White Terrier - Westie Grooming
Westie Grooming ? When your west highland white terrier becomes part of your family, it deserves the care love and support that is given to all members of your family.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|