Laser Hair Treatment - 10 Things You Must Know About Getting A Good Laser Hair Removal Service
Laser hair removal is supposed to be a safe process, yet dubious claims and inappropriate equipment still lead to scams and injuries. Consumers themselves must know the ins and outs of laser hair removal to prevent themselves from getting cheated. The following points will aid you in making a proper decision to get yourself ready at the clinic.
1) The sensitivity of your skin. A skin can be too delicate to be damaged instead of getting treated. A technology called CoolGlide can treat all known skin types. Consult a professional to examine and discuss over your skin and infection issues prior to treatment.
2) The degree of discomfort. Do not believe in a "no-pain" process. All treatment are bound to make you uncomfortable. However, it's not anywhere near the whip-lash pain of waxing.
3) The possibility of regrowth. Laser hair removal cannot possibly stop hair growth, though it can reduce growth rate permanently after hair cells are killed. If a practitioner claims to eradicate hair growth completely, you should ask for testimonials and get their proof upfront; it's in their benefit to tell you their achievement.
4) The cost. Depending on the area size treated, it could amount from US$25 to US$250. You may compare the price ranges of several services to get a good gauge. Ask for outstanding reasons that could factor into the overall cost, particular the overheads for their equipment.
5) Aging equipment. Ask for the type of laser used, whether it is effective, how long the practitioners have used the equipment and if there are newer models. You have a right to know.
6) Multiple treatment plans. It's quite likely to return for several treatments within 2 weeks, and then another separate session if necessary within a year to eliminate regrowth, but asking you to come back regularly without the fullest and sincere explanation on your case is simply an indication of ineffectiveness. Beware of such tactics that forces you to pay a lump sum in full. You deserve a good laser treatment as it is.
7) Safety measures. Laser, if abused, can cause damaging effects. Check what precautions are taken, like applying a layer of protective cream over the skin or wearing eye goggles.
8) The practitioner. Who is actually doing the treatment? The experienced doctor or some 'assistant'? Check that the practitioner is trained, qualified and certified to carry out treatments.
9) Ask for a test treatment. This is a simple request which practitioners have no difficulties to fulfill. Cost will still be incurred, but your initial experience with laser hair removal gets you in the know of how a typical treatment works and in tune with the clinical environment.
10) Get written information. Get a written agreement on all obligations, commitment and breakdown of cost from the practitioner to ensure that he stays true to the standard of service provided.
Justin Koh is a freelance writer whose articles have appear in most major ezines. You can find more of these at: http://www.laserhairremovalcentral.info
A Look at Male Hair Loss
At a research study held in a university in Norfolk, Virginia, it was found that 84 percent of men suffering from hair loss were preoccupied with the loss. They described feelings of helplessness, vulnerability, and jealousy of men with full, healthy heads of hair. Men who had begun losing their hair in their early twenties were more likely to have problems with low self-esteem.
Dont Lose Hair Because Of Poor Grooming
One of the most common reasons why men and women lose their hair is due to poor cosmetic grooming. The unfortunate thing about this is the fact it is so preventable. Fortunately there are some steps you can take to put right some of the damage caused.
Is There A Role For Nutrition In Dealing With Hair Loss?
Could something as basic as inadequate nutrition really contribute to excessive shedding of hair?
Menopause and Hair Loss
The onset of menopause can often lead to hair loss and has long been a part of aging that many women fear the most. These days many more women are also experiencing thinning and bald spots as they mature, and both men and women are reaching out for new solutions. Even though there is no real 'cure', there are many things that can be done to help.
Herbal Hair Loss Remedies That Offer Hope
Herbs hold an obvious appeal for many people because they support the body's natural healing mechanisms to target the cause of the problem, as opposed to merely tackling the symptoms. It would be wrong to present herbal hair loss remedies as a miracle solution for all sufferers - there is however growing evidence to support the view that some herbal remedies offer real hope to many people.
The more you know about your hair, the better you can care for it! Your hair has two separate parts: the root and the shaft. The root is the part of the hair located just under the skin surface. The hair follicle houses the entire hair root. The papilla is where all of the action takes place; it is a rich blood and nerve supply that nourishes the hair shaft and produces hair cells. The bulb is a white sack located on the lower part of the hair that covers the papilla.
Cosmetic Solutions For Hair Loss
Many people suffering from hair loss prefer not to use the strong drugs and medications that currently form the best available treatment options. They may have tried a range of treatments but found they did not work or perhaps suffered unpleasant side effects. What options are left for such people, especially if they do not wish to consider surgery?
Hair Loss In Women ? A Devastating Occurrence
Hair loss is widely accepted as a man's problem and it is quite common to see bald men. However, hair loss in women is just as common, but it is more devastating for the individual when it does happen. The psychological impact of hair loss in women is much greater because many women see their hair as the main part of their beauty and take great pride in their appearance. However, this problem does not usually result in total hairloss as it does in men.
Hair Loss Treatments
The desire to avoid hair loss is not confined to our time. In ancient Egypt, men used to rub fat from crocodiles, snakes, lions, and other animals on their head in hopes of preventing or treating hair loss. Julius Caesar and Napoleon also experienced hair loss and tried to conceal it by growing their hair long in the back and combing it forward over their heads. Today, this motivation to avoid balding is still evident.
Andropause and Hair Loss
Andropause and hair loss often go hand in hand. Imagine clumps of hair falling off your head, or observing strands of once healthy hair collecting in the shower drain. Maybe you run your hand through your hair and feel it thinning. It can feel daunting and quite scary. Typically, hair loss is a result of an imbalance of male testosterone hormone in the body.
Permanent Hair Removal Is It Right For You?
It's an endless cycle - you shave, you wax, you pluck. The hair grows back and you shave, you wax and you pluck again. And again. With today's busy life styles, who has time to repeat the process as often as it's needed? Most people will tell you that they'd be willing to undergo some pretty intense treatments to stop or at least slow the process. That's the reason behind the latest in hair removal technology.
Treatment Options Available To Hair Loss Sufferers
The hair loss treatments outlined here cannot provide definitive cures for all hair loss conditions, but they do represent regimes that many sufferers have found useful. In other words, they are examples of potential solutions that many patients have chosen after honestly assessing the causes of their hair loss together with their expectations.
Non-Approved Drugs That Can Help Hair Loss
At present only two medications have been approved by the FDA for the treatment of hair loss, namely finasteride (Propecia) and minoxidil (Rogaine). While both of these continue to prove their worth to many patients, some individuals are disappointed with their results and seek other forms of treatment. Often they turn to drugs that have not been approved for the treatment of hair loss, but which have shown themselves over time to have a positive effect in dealing with this condition.
Laser Hair Removal New York
One thing is very obvious. You wouldn't be reading this page if you did not want to benefit from the knowledge of permanent hair removal solutions for getting rid of unwanted hair. If you are living in New York or even close to it, consider yourself lucky. Very lucky. Welcome yourself to laser hair New York, the fastest growing personal grooming industry that is offering a new lease of life to several men and women, chained in their freedom by the presence of unwanted body hair. Up till now.
I?ve Noticed My Hair Thinning ? What Can I Do?
If you notice your hair thinning, this might not be any immediate cause for alarm. There can be any number of reasons why this is happening. It is impossible to come up with a simple explanation for hair thinning because everyone has different medical conditions and different circumstances in their lives. The only way to determine the cause of the thinning is to visit your doctor. He/She will set up a series of tests to determine whether the reasons are genetic, dietary, the symptoms of a disease or medical treatments.
Hair Loss: Getting to the Root of the Problem
It's fair to say when you started losing your hair you asked "why me". Maybe after seeing your dad and older brother join the hair less community you figured it was only a matter of time. You begin to shed more than your dog. How do you handle it?
Finding Information On Different Hair Growth Systems
Many people who experience balding or thinning hair often search in vain for the perfect hair growth systems that will restore their full head of hair. While there are hair growth systems available that will encourage some hair growth on bald spots, don't you think that if the perfect system existed, you would have heard about it before now?
Making Your Own Herbal Hair Shampoo
In 1990 I decided not to use the commercially made shampoos after reading Aubrey Hampton's book, "Natural Organic Hair and Skin Care." In this book Aubrey tells you how to read the label on any product that you put on your skin or hair.
Do Natural Hair Loss Remedies Have Any Real Relevance?
The effectiveness of modern hair loss treatments is clear for all to see, but many people simply prefer not to use strong chemicals or non-natural substances.
Do You Know These Hair Coloring Secrets?
Coloring your hair is perhaps the quickest and mostdramatic way to change your look.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|