10 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website
Ever since the time websites became new to the World Wide Web, webmasters have been trying to direct traffic to their websites. As this was no easy task, webmasters found a way; a way that cost them money. Over the years, website promotion became much easier. Now, with over four million websites on the internet, when a web user has found your website, you shouldn't take their visit for granted. So, I have listed ten ways to increase your traffic.
1. Main problem is that most websites are "Under Construction", so when a visitor visits that website, they will waste no time leaving. So, FIRST, you must keep your website out of too much "construction." And, you may use an e-mail notifier to announce to your members or customers that your website construction is complete and they can come back.
2. Second, ADS; I see too many ads on one website, and because of that, i don't want to stay there for long. The best web host yo ucan get is HostUltra. They offer unlimited disk space, ad-free, but the reason this host is the best... it's FREE! I hosted one of my websites there and loved it.
3. If you have content on your website that can be found in other places, most likely your visitors will leave. so, it's wise to use your own content or anyo other content that can't be found on any other website. But if you use content from someone else, be sure to get their permission first.
4. Add-ons. If you anything like an email service or a message board or forum, that can be acessed on your website, your visitors will hafe something to come back to. With an email service, your visitors can register or login to check their mail. People like me, check their mail everyday, so this is a great idea to consider. You can get a free email service at http://www.zzn.com/. And with a message board, yor members can talk to you or each other.
5. Another great way to increase your traffic is by a Tell a Friend form or button that you can put on your website. With this, your visitors can invite their friends and their friends, on and on. So, your traffic will keep flowing if this happens. But do not force yor visitors to invite their friends, just remind them.
6. Short URLs are also importantif you want your visitors to have an easy and quick way to acess your website. One of the best is FreeDomain.co.nr; CJB.net is good too.
7. Affiliation. With affiliates, you can get alot more traffic. When you affiliate with someone, try to partner up with a popular website that has content related to yours.
8. Advertise. You can advertise your website at www.trafficexchange.com, which is a great traffic exchange program for anyone to use. When you advertise on a large website like TrafficExchange, millions of web users could find your website and keep returning to it.
9. Service or product support. If you have a service or product, your customers would like to have a place on your website that they can get support, otherwise they will find a better place. You can go to Bravenet to get a free chat service ar you can just search Google for one.
10. If you have a business where you offer products online for residents in your area, sponsoring a car, purchasing a billboard or anything else you can advertise on is a good idea.
I hope this article was helpful to you.
About the Author:
I am a web designer that currently is in high School and writes articles and soon, Ebooks to help others learn and get tips for web design and development. I have also had a web service network that died down when two and the rest of the staff moved over 1 1/2 hours away from our location.
River City Designs is my current project and soon, a small business. http://www.freewebs.com/rivercitydesigns/
Higher Website Traffic Conversion Made Easy
In 1993, on a moon lit, warm summer night, I was surfing the Internet attempting to discover what successful sites had in common. I was really hungry to find out the secret ingredient of websites that were making it big.
Professional Traffic Building Tips
Let's face it; the Internet is cluttered with all sorts of guides about increasing traffic to your web site. Unfortunately, most of these guides are outdated or incomplete. In fact, many of the techniques being touted in them will get you in serious trouble. Wouldn't you like to build up quality traffic that will stand the test of time? The key phrase is "test of time". You don't want to be a flash in the pan.
Free Traffic Course - Day 6
We will start with one Internet Marketing myth - the pop-ups do not work today. They give no effect to the web site, they do not bring any traffic, just distract the attention. This myth is partially true: old-fashioned pop-ups do not work. Modern pop-ups have advanced much further: today they give fresh look to the web site.
Quick, Easy & FREE Ways to Kickstart Your Website Traffic in 4 Simple Steps
Just launched your website? Now what?
5 Ways to Get More Traffic to Your Site
One thing you can never have too much of online is web site traffic. If you're looking for ways to drive more visitors to your site, try these traffic generating tips?
How To Triple Your Banner Click-Through-Rates
Have you noticed that your banner ads rarely get clicked on? Banner ads used to be a very effective method of advertising, but the web has become bloated with banner after banner. As a result they're largely ignored today.
Linking to the Best
Be picky about who will link to you; shoot and scatter does not always work.
Free Tips to Generate Traffic for Webmasters
Starting a new website and developing a traffic base if often the hardest and most frustrating part of being a webmaster. It's really an ego hit when you put a lot of hard work in to a website and don't see it perform, or perform extremely poorly.
7 Ways To Get More Repeat Traffic To Your Site
1. Make all or part of your site into a valuable directory.
Ideally you don't want to be in the position of having to email other webmasters asking if they're interested in reciprocal links. You want your website to be such that people will want to link to it, whether it be because of a cool feature, generous affiliate program, whatever. The problem is unless you have at least some sites linking to you you're not going to get noticed.
The Importance Of Incoming Links And Reciprocal Links
Building a web site is only the first step in a long process when starting an online internet business. You need traffic to your web site and the best way to get traffic is through incoming links from other sites.
Do You Need to Marry The Daughter?
For the sake of this article let's forget about search engines, paid leads and your own affilate programs. Let's concentrate instead on pro's and con's of putting much effort into recruiting downlines in those multi-level "viral" programs that are intended to help you promoting.
How to Increase Link Popularity
Link Popularity refers to the number of links coming from other web sites to your web site (also called inbound links). The competition between search engines and webmasters has led the search engines to find new ways to measure the importance of a site. Google has been responsible for introducing link popularity as an important aspect in its algorithms. For instance, if Google reads your site and sees many inbound links from related web sites it interprets each link as a "vote" that your site is good and as a result gives you a boost in your ranking.
Trafffic Equal Sales?
Everything being equal, more traffic to your website translates into more sales. Hence you read a lot lately about ways to generate more traffic to your website.
Turn Content Into Traffic
As the saying goes in the business world "The Customer is The King" I would like to say that in the internet world "Content is The King."
Top Tips for Requesting a Reciprocal Link
While most webmasters agree that reciprocal linking is a very good way of increasing web site traffic, get your reciprocal link request wrong, and you won't get the link.
Get More Customers ? With Less Work!
A lot of website owners work tirelessly at increasing their traffic. They submit to FFA pages and classified sites. They participate in startup programs and pop under exchanges. There is no end to the gimmicks they will try, all in the hopes that they'll get more customers.
Triple Your Traffic with Top Keyword Strategies
Although the topic of keyword strategy and selection may appear to have been beaten to death already, it remains critical to the success of your website. Choosing the best keywords is only "Phase One" of the process. You must also make the most of the keywords you have.
How to Exchange Links With Other Sites
As a result of search engine changes, linkingwith other sites is becoming an increasingly iportant way to generate traffic to your website. Links done properly will repay the effort and not be subject to the whims of the search engines.No more need to be concerned unduly about algorithmnchanges and the "Google dance".
Link Exhanges - Gaining Link Popularity
Link Exchanges also known as "Reciprocal Links" are an arrangement made by two webmasters to agree to add each others link on their website. Most link exchanges are done through a text link, but they can also be done through banners. With banners being pretty much ignored on the Internet today, it is best to stick to a text link.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|