8 Practical Methods to Remain Empowered During Stressful Times
1. Acknowledge that requesting support, guidance and partnership is not the same as being needy. Allowing someone else to give freely to you primes the pump in the universal law of giving and receiving. There are as many blessings to the giver as there are to the receiver: being open to receiving invites flow as well as empowerment for all.
2. Continue to tap into any communities you are involved in prior to your stressful situation. (Communities = Groups of people with whom you have positive, interactive relationships on an ongoing basis.) Even if it might feel more natural to withdraw, "showing up" will be the most integral aspect of ongoing empowerment for you as well as for the rest of the community.
3. Remain your authentic self even as you struggle. It is easy to begin to perceive yourself as suddenly "less than" who you are when you are challenged. Suggestions to staying steadfastly authentic include repeating (and acting upon) positive affirmations, revisiting and connecting to your life purpose and/or mission, request feedback from positive friends.
4. Persist in centered-ness without being overly ego-centric. Be completely self focused means being out of alignment. Both grandiosity and self degradation are symptoms of an unhealthy focus. Practice living on purpose through focusing upon who you are being as you are in a stressful situation.
5. Make your requests known. While this may be difficult to do when fully mired in the muck of a downward spiral, call to yourself to make a practice of letting others know exactly what would provide empowerment at this time. Ask not from a victim standpoint, instead ask from a partnership perspective. Invite people to join in partnership with you to provide solutions.
6. As a follow up to #5, gratefully accept the assistance your partners choose to provide for you. Again, look towards them not as people throwing you a life preserver, instead look at them as people who are swimming alongside you to shore, encouraging and equipping you to get there safely so you can in turn do the same for others in the future.
7. Even at the most difficult phases of life, where you feel as if you are completely tapped out, there is still room for you to give. Oftentimes the joy of giving from the heart will elevate a soul enough to begin bridging the gap from stress to joy.
8. Remember to always turn towards love. Grow towards greatness. Be aware that there are two basic choices: love or fear. Always, always, always focus upon love. Honor yourself with loving compassion especially when you are in difficult times. Do not judge yourself. Love yourself, attract love TO yourself, dwell in the knowledge that there are lessons to be learned and joy at the place where you see the curve in the road up ahead.
About The Author
Julie Jordan Scott is a Professional Success Coach. Visit her website to find out more about her latest free coaching offers as well as many resources for your most passionate lifestyle! http://www.5passions.com/coachingoffer.html. Send Julie a note email@example.com and let her know how you will apply what you read today. She is waiting to hear from you!
Stress. The word brings to mind many different definitions doesn't it? It is an individual thing in many ways ? although the Canadian Stress Institute's founder, Dr. Hans Selye was the first one to define the condition. He is known as the Father of Stress. Let's say you are walking through the park. All of a sudden, out of the bush at the side of the path, a black bear appears. Fear surges through every cell of your body. Your mind and body are stressed, and together they will prepare physiologically and psychologically for the "fight or flight" stress response. The heart pumps faster and blood surges through the blood vessels, lactic acid is released into the muscles, adrenalin and other chemicals are released, breathing becomes shallow, and the bowels loosen.
Stress Managment: Worry is the Prescription for an Ulcer
Have you ever listened to someone, perhaps even to your self, talk about being worried? You'll hear things like, "I'm so worried", "I'm worried sick", or as my mom used to tell me, "You worry me to death!"
Five Easy Ways To Bring Family Time Into Your Day; Balancing Work And Family Stresses
The pace of life seems to quicken every year. More and more time is spent rushing from job to after school activities or evening meetings. It's easy to get over whelmed and to loose a sense of family and relaxation in our homes. Here are a few ideas to help strengthen your family and to keep some of life's pressures and stresses out of the home.
Control Stress with High Morale
When Army leaders fail to control battlefield stress, they lose as many soldiers to combat stress as they do to enemy bullets. Even when they are well trained, these soldiers are more likely to collapse in the face of great stress.
Sshhh... Listen to Your Own Voice
It was a self-exploration that made me understand myself. It was like discovering the one last elusive word in a jigsaw puzzle that completes other words.
Stress Management: How to Take Off Those Masks We Wear
The Mask of "I've Got It All Together"
Stress Relief for Busy Business People - 11 Easy Ways
Make stress less of an issue for you in your work and life, by trying out one or more of these ideas - the list is not exhaustive! Seek out more and share!
3 Easy Ways to Reduce Stress
Stress, America's #1 health problem, is a leading cause of major illness. In fact, heart disease, high blood pressure, and depression are just some of the harmful effects of stress. Research has shown that releasing stress and learning how to relax promotes a healthier, happier, and more fulfilling life.
Simple Tips to Help Simplify Your Life! - Make it Great!
Quote of the week
Three Stress Relief Techniques
There is good stress, and there is bad stress. Good stress is the type that propels a person to excel, to reach new heights or to complete a big project on time.
Are You Taking Notice? What Are Your Warning Signs Stress Is Building Up?
Many people recognise the warning signs that stress may bejust around the corner. The trouble is that most of usrarely listen to them. Instead most of us choose to ignorethem, until we become overwhelmed.
Are You Stressing Yourself by Thinking Too Much?
Why is it that some people become totally stressed when the smallest thing goes wrong while others can cope with extraordinary amounts of pressure with it batting an eye?
5 Ways to Create Reserve Energy Everyday
Did you ever feel like your "get-up-and-go" got up and deserted you? Has a stressful situation left you feeling drained and unmotivated to perform the simplest tasks?
Stress & Burnout: The Adrenal Factor
Emotional Freedom - At YOUR Fingertips!
What would you say if I told you I know of a simple method that can make emotional stress such as upset, anger, fear, concern and distress simply melt away in a few minutes and all you had to do to achieve this is simply touch a few "magical points" on your face and hands?
Stress Managment: How to Beat the Get By Syndrome
I'm sure you have heard of IBS, irritable bowel syndrome, a painful and difficult-to-treat digestive disease.
Shit happens. I know this to be a fact, because I read it on a t-shirt. ;-)
Stress Management: Workaholism is a Thief
Let's take a look at some of the more serious signs and effects of workaholism.
4 Steps to Teaching Your Family to Treat You Better
Case #1- Elizabeth, a 40 year old homemaker was always feeling angry and "used" by her family, constantly saying that everybody took advantage of her. She felt that she worked like a slave but her family showed no appreciation or acknowledgement of her many efforts.
Reclaim Your Life - Extraordinary Self-Care Day
When was the last time you took a day just for yourself? If you're a small business owner or anyone else for that matter, you answer is probably never. I first learned the principal; of Extraordinary Self-care Day at a workshop given by my friend Terri Levine the author of Work Yourself Happy. Essentially an Extraordinary Self-care Day is taking one 24-hour period where you take care of yourself. You do no work at all. I know, I can hear your protest. I protested too when I first heard this idea "But you don't understand, I have to check my voicemail, I have to return phone calls, I have to answer my emails and on and on." I protested in my very best entrepreneurial voice. The truth is any of us can take a day for ourselves without consequence. Believe it or not, the world will keep spinning. Calls will wait as will email.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|