10 Quick Ways To Kick-Start Your Profit Pulling Keywords
First, you must realize that targeting the right keywords or phrases is the 'key' to making any kind of profit from your site. Choosing the 'right' keywords (the exact keyword or phrase surfers type into the search engines to find yoursite or product) can make or break your online venture.
How do you find these profitable keywords?
One simple way to do this is to just type your 'keyword' into the different search engines - then take note of the number of paid adverts listed for your keyword. If there are no paid adverts -- chances are high that your keyword is not a paying keyword.
Perhaps, a more exact way is to use Wordtracker or Overture.com, they will give you the numbers of searches made last month for that keyword, along with a whole list of variations on that keyword or phrase. Overture will also give you a list of who's bidding on the keyword and how much they're willing to pay for traffic to that keyword.
Getting a high ranking (at least on the first or second page) for a paying 'keyword' in one of the top search engines likeGoogle, Msn, or Yahoo can set up a nice revenue streamon your site. It can mean a lot to your site's bottom line.
So try these 10 quick ways to 'kick-start' your keywords:
1. PPC - Pay per click, this is the ultimate kick-start method butyou must know what you're doing! Paying for traffic or hits to your targeted keywords is probably the best and fastest way to kick-startyour keywords. Use Google adwords or programs like overture.com to bid onclicks to your keywords or keyword phrases.
In PayPerClick marketing, many marketers target 'every' keyword for the product they are selling, including misspelled words and phrases. They may then narrow down their list to only the'keywords' with a high conversion rate, how many hitsit takes to get a sale. One sale in 10 clicks and you could be oneasy street. One sale in 1000 clicks and you're probably on your way to the poorer side of town!
In other words, you could lose a ton of money if you're not careful or prudent. Do some serious research before you jump into this arena. Recommended reading would probably start withGoogle Cash by Chris Carpenter.
2. Anchor text it to death! Especially if you're targeting Google traffic, you must have your keyword or phrase placed in a many on-site and off-site 'anchor text links' that you can possibly get.
Anchor text in an url link is as follows: This is your anchor text!
Off-page factors are very important to Google which ranks sites from PR0 to PR10; the number of 'anchor text' links with your particular keyword coming from high PR sites is extremely important --the more high PR links you have, the higher the ranking for your keyword or site will be.
Some savvy marketers have found that it might be more cost effective to buy 'keyword links' on high PR Sites for your targeted keywords rather than shelling out money over and over again for the PPC campaigns. One timeor yearly purchase of certain high profit pulling keyword links that place your site or selling page at #1 on SERPs (search engine results pages). A #1 spot on Google for a high paying keyword that can keeppaying for years is worth its weight in gold. Notice the large number of 'moans and groans' whenever a major shift in Google's rankings occurs i.e. as in the Florida update.
If you're targeting Yahoo, make sure you repeat your keyword often,and at the top of your web copy page. Place it in your 'alt text' in your website's images. But be careful, don't keyword spam by repeating it hundreds of times on your web page.
3. Plug it into your existing site. Professional marketers, plug intheir keywords into their existing sites by placing links on all or numerous pages on their sites. Some use a resource table at the bottom of each page, then when a new resource (keyword) comes along, they just update and plug in this new link. Do a little homework, and check out how some major SEO sites have this column of resources (keywords) listed on all their pages -- thus, providing a large number of internal links to their keywords -- directing or tunneling PR towards their most profitable keywords.
4. Place your anchor text link in your blogs. If you're a prudentmarketer you will have already turned some of your site's normal offerings into blogs and rss feeds. Example, if you have an existing ezine or newsletter, place an online version into a blog. If you regularly do company updates, news releases -- place these into a blog and rss feed.
5. Likewise, you can start a series of blogs on your keyword or subject matter. It has meant an overall increase in traffic and rankings to my sites and perhaps more importantly the 'spider activity' has gone from almost nil to a daily infestation. Regularly 'ping' your posts by using sites like my.yahoo.com, this will get your keywords spidered and indexed more quickly.
6. Place your anchor text links on marketing forums or on forums relatedto your keyword's subject. Forums are a great way to kick-start anykeywords that you are targeting. The traffic is great and mostof these forums are spidered daily.
7. Place your anchor text keywords on a high profile site. If you canget your keyword links on some 'major players', sites which have overa million links or more, do it! I have noticed my site is spidered more frequently and by different robots after getting my links on sites like buzzle.com and addme.com, it probably won't hurt your Google PR ranking either!
8. Place your anchor text keywords on high profile blogs. Again, don'tkeyword spam but try and build strategic relationships with top bloggersin your 'keyword' subject area. Then the mutual exchanging of links willfall into the natural scheme of things.
9. Write articles around your keyword topic, and submit them to ezine directories like ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com. Many marketers suggest you NOT use your keyword in the Title or Body of your article! Place it instead in the anchor text link in your resource box. Reasoning behind this, your article may be picked up by some major sites with High PR rankings or ratings -- if you have the same article on your site -- you will lose traffic to these major competitors. So you have to be a bit sneaky and carefully funnel traffic to your keyword from the search engines.
10. Start a viral 'keyword product'. Many professional marketers alsoplace their keywords into a 'viral' product of some kind: a free brandable ebook, free reports, mini-courses, or tutorials that can be used and passed around freely.
So next time, don't just place a keyword on your site and wait for something to happen, instead, take a more pro-active role by trying these 10 methods of kick-starting your keywords and you will immediately see results. They do work and the proof is just waiting your next move...
To learn more about Google Adsense, Adwords and PayPerClick Marketing: Google Cash File
Copyright © 2005 Titus Hoskins of http://www.bizwaremagic.com
This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.
Keywords are the ?KEY? to a Popular and Profitable Web Site
Keyword Research will reveal answers to 3 critical questions:
Optimize Your Site Pt2
6: The hidden benefits to having the right links.Every site online has an index or default file as its home page file. But outside of that rule you can name the other pages whatever you like. So why not cram the names with keywords and/or keyphrases relevant to that page and your site? We've just scored again ;-)
Dont Get Banned by Google
There are many Black Hat techniques that people use to try and influence Googles ranking of their sites, the simple thing to remember is that THEY DO NOT help your rankings, are simply a waste of your time and sooner or later will lead to a Google ban for your site. Sure there are sites that use these techniques and are getting away with it but they will eventually get penalised as Google always manages to find them eventually.
Dynamic pages and the Search Engines By Clare Lawrence 10th March 2003 Clare is the CEO of Discount Domains Ltd a leading UK Domain name registration service.
Straight Talk on Search Engine Optimization
To get your website listed well in the major search engines, you have to perform search engine optimization (SEO). . This is a basic SEO plan with tips for doing SEO and getting results within 1 month. Google is the primary target of this overall plan.
RSS Feeds - a Website Owners Friend in Disguise
We've all heard about it-it seems like all the buzz right now in the search engine marketing industry is RSS. If you're a website owner, than there are two ways your website can benefit from using RSS on your website-you can provide an RSS feed or, for the not-so-technically-inclined folks like me, you can use an RSS feed to keep your site's content fresh.
Link Building in Light of Vision-based Page Segmentation
The days of basing a successful link building strategy on link quantity and anchor text alone may be numbered. The link popularity theories behind PageRank and Hilltop remain important, but major search engines are continually adding new elements to their link algorithms to improve search relevance. One of these new elements is the concept of visual page segmentation which was recently proposed in a paper entitled "Block-level Link Analysis," by Deng Cai, Xaiofei He, Ji-Rong Wen and Wei-Ying, available online at http://research.microsoft.com/research/pubs/view.aspx?tr_id=690.
Keywords: The First Step To Recognition
Open Wordtracker [ http://www.wordtracker.com/ ] and you'll see following proclamation by Brent Winters, President, FirstPlace Software, Inc., the makers of award-winning web promotion software, WebPosition Gold [ http://www.webposition.com/ ]:
Click Click Boom: a Linking Strategy that will Blow Away Your Competition
Web marketers, do you hear what I hear?
Free Search Engine Advertising: 10 Secret Ways To Indirectly Race To The Top Of Search Engines
Do you have a website that has little or no rankings inthe major Search Engines: Yahoo. Msn, Aol, Netscape,Alltheweb and Google?
Meta Tags Help Optimize Your Web Site Rankings
Are you working on getting your web site up onto the internet?
How To Syndicate Your Content
Note: In order to preserve the proper format for the HTML code snippet in this article, copy and paste the article into Notepad, then copy and paste it from Notepad into your HTML web page.
Do It Yourself SEO
Internet surfers use search engines more than any other tool to find things online. Search engines rank their results using a complex formula that considers web page content, link popularity and other details. This is why you should Search Engine Optimization (SEO) your web site.
How to Pick an SEO Firm
If you're looking for an SEO firm, we recommend that you weigh 10 factors that can save you trouble down the road.
Reciprocal Link Exchange Management Software
How Do I Improve My Web Site Conversion Rate? Part 1
Creating A Search Engine Copywriting Plan
Search engine copywriting has become an extremely important part of the overall search engine optimization process. However, in addition, search engine copywriting has developed into a misunderstood craft.
Website Copy-writing for Higher Sales and Higher Search Engine Ranking
Why, you ask? Mainly, because search engines want to provide their users with good content. How do they find it? By surfing the web for it. However, search engines don't view websites with human eyes, instead they use "spiders" (also known as crawlers, or robots), a "spider" is an automated program used to browse the web in a methodical manner.
Search Engines Are Doomed to Fail
A very provocative title, isn't it? Based on the latest news it is not far from the truth. Over the years the search engines were the target number one on the hunt for visitors and traffic to millions of web sites. In an attempt to keep the search results accurate and still delivering what the user is actually looking for, search engines cracked down on spammers and other sneaky web masters who wanted to beat the system with some very innovative tricks.
Keyword Demand Isnt Enough
I get half of the world traffic for the term "dirtbagging," on one page of my backpacking site, but that only means ten visitors a month. Without decent keyword demand you can't ever get much traffic. Total demand is just one factor to consider, though. Here are some others.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|