Juniors cheesecake restaurant was founded in 1950 by Harry Rosen, and named Juniors after his two sons, Walter and Marvin. Harry and Eigel Peterson, the master baker, hit upon the secret formula for Juniors cheesecake recipe and it has been part of the Rosen family for three generations.
Juniors cheesecake New York is located in Brooklyn and is a favorite restaurant of many New Yorkers. It was rated #1 by New York Magazine in the 1970's and people started to come from all over for an award-winning slice. In 1982, Governor Mario Cuomo declared May 27th as Junior's Restaurant Day.
In 1989 Juniors cheesecake became available through mail-order and can now be ordered online. It can be shipped frozen anywhere in the United States. Each 8" large Juniors cheesecake arrives in a special, stay-fresh container guaranteeing freshness.
Today people still come from all over to have their favorite slice of famous cheesecake. For over 50 years the saying is still true: You haven't lived until you've had cheesecake at Juniors.
For those of you that want the juniors cheesecake recipe here is the Famous No. 1 Juniors cheesecake recipe.
Pure Cream Cheesecake -- "The Best of the Best"
1 recipe Thin Sponge Cake Layer (see below)
For Cream Cheese Filling: 4 (8-ounce) packages regular cream cheese, at room temperature1 2/3 cups granulated sugar1/4 cup cornstarch1 tablespoon vanilla extract2 extra-large large eggs3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F (180*C) and generously butter a 9-inch spring form pan. Make the batter for the sponge cake as the recipe directs. Evenly spread the batter on the bottom of the pan and bake just until set and golden, about 10 minutes. Place the cake on a wire rack to cool (don't remove it from the pan).
2. While the cake cools, make the cream cheese filling: Place one 8-ounce package of the cream cheese, 1/3 cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Then beat in the remaining 3 packages of cream cheese.
3. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat in the remaining 1 1/3 cups of the sugar, then beat in the vanilla. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating the batter well after adding each one. Blend in the heavy cream. At this point mix the filling only until completely blended (just like they do at Junior's). Be careful not to over mix the batter.
4. Gently spoon the cheese filling on top of the baked sponge cake layer. Place the spring form pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water that comes about 1-inch up the sides of the pan. Bake the cheesecake until the center barely jiggles when you shake the pan, about 1 hour.
5. Cool the cake on a wire rack for 1 hour. Then cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it's completely cold, at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove the sides of the spring form pan. Slide the cake off the bottom of the pan onto a serving plate. Or if you wish, simply leave the cake on the removable bottom of the pan and place it on a serving plate. If any cake is left over, cover it with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Thin Sponge Cake Layer for Cheesecake
One suggestion: keep an eye on this cake while it bakes. There's not much batter, so it needs only about 10 minutes of baking -- only enough time for the cake to turn light golden and set on the top.
1/2 cup cake flour, sifted1 teaspoon baking powderPinch of salt3 extra-large eggs, separated1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract3 drops pure lemon extract3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F (180*C) and generously butter a 9-inch spring form pan. Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
2. Beat the egg yolks together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed for 3 minutes. Then, with the mixer still running, gradually add the 1/3 cup of the sugar and continue beating until thick light-yellow ribbons form in the bowl, about 5 minutes more. Beat in the vanilla and lemon extracts.
3. Sift the flour mixture over the batter and stir it in by hand until no more white flecks appear. Then blend in the butter.
4. In a clean bowl, using clean dry beaters, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together on high speed until frothy. Gradually add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form (the whites should stand up in stiff peaks but not be dry). Stir about 1/3 cup of the whites into the batter, then gently fold in the remaining whites -- don't worry if a few white specks remain.
5. Gently spoon the batter into the pan. Bake the cake just until the center of the cake springs back when lightly touched, only about 10 minutes (watch carefully). Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack while you continue making the cheesecake filling. Do not remove the cake from the pan.
Serves 12 to 16.
Source: From the cookbook, "Welcome to Junior's! Remembering Brooklyn With Recipes and Memories from Its Favorite Restaurant".
Enjoy Juniors cheesecake one way or the other, you won't be sorry.
Copyright © 2005 Perfect Coffees.com. All Rights Reserved.
This article is supplied by http://www.perfectcoffees.com where you can purchase quality coffee online, tea, cups, mugs, coffee makers, delicious desserts and sugar free desserts online. For a free monthly coffee newsletter with articles like these go to: http://www.perfectcoffees.com/newsletter.html
Sweet & Sour Fish
Sweet and sour fish is one of the most popular traditional Chinese dish, normally cooked with carp. The method to cook an authentic Chinese sweet and sour fish (Tang Tsu Yu) is to use what we call 'Liu', meaning 'quick-fry'. The fish should be tender inside and crispy outside. Its original flavour gets reserved while the unpleasant raw fish smell would be completely removed. Many Chinese families cook this dish on a regular basis. It is considered an universal dish that has been enjoyed by people from everywhere in China for many years.
Shrimp Scampi Recipes
Many people have different ideas on how to prepare great shrimp scampi recipes as you will see below. Some of the ingredients are the same and usually it is served with pasta. The type of pasta that you serve with your dish is up to your own taste.
Limes were originally grown in Asia,introduced by the Arab traders to the Iberian Peninsula and North Africa and then brought to Americas by the Spanish and Portuguese explorers. They are a great source of vitamin C and their zesty flavor refreshes the palate. On a hot day,a frozen lime cooler is a real thirst quencher.
Grandmas Peach Canning Recipe
Grandma loved to bake peach pies or top pancakes with peaches instead of syrup. During the summer months, she would buy baskets of seconds and freeze them. Freezing peaches was much easier and faster than canning them, so she rarely bothered with canned fruit. Since she didn't have a vacuum sealer, she used containers to hold her peaches. However, Nan, my mother, and I all use a vacuum sealer to prevent freezer burn. I really recommend this recipe over the more traditional peach canning recipe, because it is so simple to do and is not as dangerous as using a pressure canner. (Those things make me nervous.)
Spinach Salad with Mango and Papaya
This is a great summer salad, leaving you refreshed even on the hottest days. For those who like to have a little protein with there salad, both grilled chicken or shrimp go well with this dish. Don't let the number of items scare you, this is a simple recipe and well worth the extra time. Great for the family or summer parties.
Healthy Yummy Bran Muffins
An Individual Health Recipe to Enjoy
Nutritious Chocolate Recipes
Are you eating enough fruit lately? How about chocolate? Well, here are three cool ways to make sure you're getting enough of both of these important foodstuffs this summer and both are very quick and easy.
Wild Watercress Soupt (Nasturtium officinale)
Wild Watercress soup is a delicious and nutritious recipe with the leaves available in spring and early summer. Watercress is rich in Vitamins A and C, iron, iodine and phosphorus. Watercress has been used as part of a holistic response to cancer of the lungs, larynx, oesophagus, prostate, bladder, uterus, stomach and intestines. It can be used in the treatment of:
I have always loved mac-n-cheese, and this variation is one of my favorites!
Low Fat Banana Toasts
I love bananas for breakfast.
Low Carb Barbeque Sauce
Is there such a thing as low carb bbq sauce recipes? The answer is yes! You can enjoy all that barbequing has to offer with several different low carb barbecue recipes.
How to Easily Make Sourdough French Toast Like Cracker Barrel
I got an idea one day when I was in a Cracker Barrel restaurant eating breakfast. They had sourdough French toast and it was the best French toast I'd had, so I wanted to re-create the recipe at home.
Fortunate Lemon Chicken
A delicious chicken meal for you to prepare at home. The lemon sauce is fresh and tangy and somehow I always end up eating too much :-).It takes a bit to prepare but is worth the effort. And ending the meal with a fortune cookie is great fun ? especially if you write your own fortune and make your own cookies (see below).
Cooking Roast Prime Rib on the Grill
Love the taste of prime rib? Love the taste of barbecue? You can combine them together for cooking roast prime rib on the grill. It takes a bit longer than hamburgers, but cooking roast prime rib on the grill gives you a fabulous roast that everyone enjoys.
Mediterranean Grilled Vegetable Soup
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) there are five elements that contribute to all activities: TREE / WOOD, FIRE, SOIL / EARTH, METAL and WATER.
The Secret To Making Perfect Chili Fit For A King
Every autumn my thoughts turn to making chili. The garden is about done. The freezer is full of veggies. All the canning is done, and winter is coming. Just before winter hits, the price of beef drops as cattlemen sell off any remaining stock that they don't want to "winter over". It is the perfect time to stock the freezer with homemade chili.
Weight Loss Recipe: Turkey Tomato Wrap
Are you struggling to lose or maintain your weight? Then this recipe can help you along the journey. Long term weight loss isn't about hunger, misery and crash dieting. It's a whole new way of learning to prepare nutritious food that your body needs and enjoys. This recipe is one of a range of hunger fighting, low fat recipes to assist you keep your weight under control.
Straight Talk from a Comfort Foodie - Simpler Times
When it was unfolding, I never thought I lived in "simpler times". That would have described pioneer days, or the world prior to the industrial revolution. Simpler times would, one day, be John-Boy and the rest of the Walton gang having dinner with Grandma and Grandpa. I was a child of the sixties, a Kennedy baby, jaded by a revolution that was counter-culture and in full regalia by the time of the Moonwalk-the "where were you?" moment of my wonder years. We watched young soldiers in bloodied Technicolor and civil riots in black and white. The world around me seemed anything but simple.
Burmese Shrimp Cake Recipe
Little pounded shrimp balls seasoned and fried till lightly brown. This dish is quite popular as a finger food and is also a good accompaniment to a variety of dished, like the famous Mohinga - A spicy noodle soup with fish sauce.
All About Strawberry Shortcakes
Strawberry shortcake may be a 200 year-old American invention. With the advent of chemical leavenings in the early 1800's, biscuits became popular. Since strawberries have always been readily available, it is likely that biscuits and strawberries have been together for quite some time. Before the middle of that century, strawberry shortcake recipes were showing up in the recipe books.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|