Online Business Press Release Writing Tips And Ideas
Press releases are one of the most cost-effective ways to get promotion for your online business. Many entrepreneurs ignore this type of promotion because they don't know how to write a press release. It's important to promote your online business with press releases because of the media all over the internet. The following is a list of some common press release writing tips:
- your press release should sound like news, not an ad
- you should only send your press release to the media related to the topic of your press release - keep your press release one page in length
- your header, contact information and release date should be at the top of your press release - use short sentences and double space in between sentences
- your header and first few sentences should capture the readers attention
- you should tell a story and briefly mention your business, product or service in the body of the press release
- proofread your press release many times. Look for grammar and spelling mistakes. Another reason entrepreneurs ignore promoting their online business with press releases is because they don't know what's newsworthy. Here are 16 online business press release ideas:
- new products or services you're offering on your web site. - the results of an online survey or poll you've completed - a virtual trade show or seminar you're hosting. - a free chat room class you're teaching
- your opening of a new web site
- an online award your business or web site has won
- a free e-mail newsletter you're publishing - new online products or services you're giving away - an online business association or club you're starting - a famous person that's endorsing your business - a major joint venture you're doing with another business - a new book or e-book you wrote - an expert or celebrity who's speaking in your chat room - a fundraising event you're doing at your web site - a new contest or sweepstakes you're having at your site - major sponsorships you're doing online You can get other press release writing tips and ideas by reading other businesses press releases, reading how to publications, talking to experts and visiting other media web sites. I hope this article persuades and helps you to promote your business through press releases.
PR - More Than News Releases
Public relations and news releases are synonymous in the minds of some. Because the media relations aspect of PR is so "public", the PR discipline often is narrowly defined by this tactic. PR is much more than cranking out positive client fodder for the media.
Publicity - How To Get Your Story on Television
A press release telling about "Stevie, the Water-Skiing Squirrel" will never get that talented mammal on the TV news.
How To Use PR To Build Your Business
Everyone knows the value of free publicity. And given the opportunity, most businesses would jump at the chance to have a news article written about them, or to be covered by TV and radio stations.
Public Relations ? Defining Your Organization from the Inside Out
What do your customers say about your company?
PR: Short Form for Managers
Experience tells me that too many business, non-profit and association managers pursue their goals and objectives largely without the insights, behavioral strategies and sheer power public relations can bring to the table.
Public Relations: Why it Works
The short answer is, it works best when its fundamental premise is the guide, which insures that the primary focus of your public relations program is the behaviors of your most important outside audiences. Not less urgent matters like personalities, communi- cations tactics or administrative concerns.
Media Training: When Reporters Lie
I recently worked with a group dealing with an unusual problem. It seems that a local television reporter in town known for his aggressive style of reporting has a nasty habit of lying. Let's call him Jack.
Effective Media Relations ? You Won?t be Talking to the Media Without It!
The media's role is to package and spread news, current affairs and public interest information to the public. They have great power to shape and influence public opinion, to target and exploit audience reactions, emotions and opinions.
PR: The Wildcard Marketing Strategy
What is the true purpose of public relations and how can it really help impact the growth of your small business? In order for the media to succeed, they need information that is both useful and entertaining for their readers. This is where you, the business owner or marketing executive, come in.
Media Training - Essentials for ALL Office Professionals
Often the first point of contact the media has with an organisation is with the front desk or receptionist. Although designated people within a company may have the training and skills needed to interact with the media, the first point of contact within an organisation can make or break a journalists perception of the company and may impact on how they report about your business.
What Kind of PR Makes Sense?
For business, non-profit and association managers, is itpublicity that delivers newspaper and talk show mentions backed up by colorful brochures and videos, combined with special events that attract a lot of people?
Company Dress Codes for Small Business; Shorts and Pants
Most small businesses have logo'ed shirts, usually polo shirts with logos, this is typical in American Business. But many small businesses either do not have a dress code for pants and shorts or they have one, but rarely enforce it. Others take the approach that unless something is way out of line, the small business owner just doesn't say anything. What is you dress code in your small business? Is it an unspoken dress code? If so you are not alone.
Are You Newsworthy?
Non-news professionals often have a hard time understanding why their ENORMOUS news announcement, creates barely a ripple in the media.
As the comedian Steve Martin once said, "some people have a way with words and some people have not way." Increasingly, I am seeing information from companies, particularly in news releases, that "has not way."
How To Get Radio-Active PR For Your Non-Profit Cause: Part Three of Three
HOW TO BE RELAXED AND EFFECTIVE ON-AIR
PR Is Just Smart Business
The name of the game is doing our part to achieve manage- ment's objectives. And public relations best practice ? properly applied ? does just that.
Keep The Publicity Machine Rolling with Reprints
More than half of America skips the Super Bowl, the nation's most-watched TV event. So it stands to reason that not all your prospects will see your publicity, even if you're on 60 Minutes and Oprah. Create a strategy to use your publicity proactively to reach and impress everyone with it. Here's how?
Radio Interviews - How To Get Them!
Getting on the radio can be a great tactical move as part of your overall publicity effort, but you do need to have a story idea or an angle to present on a particular topic. Selling yourself as a guest on a talk show is a great way to raise your profile and if your subject relates to a topic that is currently in the news your chances of getting on is clearly improved.
Starting A Publicity Program
Successful buisnesses know that media attention reaches consumers better than advertising can. A feature story on a start-up's new product or service, for example, can send the business into a new stage of growth. Publicity can help bring your business greater visiblity and success. Publicity lets the public know you exist and creates crediblity and good will. That makes customers and prospects more receptive to your products and services.
Business - How to Build it Using the Media
Have you ever noticed that when someone is interviewed onradio, television or in the newspapers about a particularsubject, it tends to be the same people? You may even besaying - "Why don't they ever ask me?"
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|