How Your Advice Column Can Build Loyal Readers
Last year while researching a book on memorable speeches and essays, I stumbled across an ageless writing technique that continues to captivate readers.
Advice articles first appeared several hundred years ago. Some were submitted to papers and magazines anonymously. The question-and-answer format probably appeared a little bit later.
While opinion articles have been around for years, few develop the loyalty and following of advice columns.
Test this for yourself by gathering newspapers and magazines from the last several decades. My guess is: you'll find the old question/answer columns still ageless and vibrant.
Advice features generate return readers. Why? Maybe it's because people love to share problems and possible solutions.
Want to start your own "advice" column? Here are three simple ways to begin:
1. Survey your readership for the two or three industry issues perpetually discussed.
2. Find out all you can about those issues.
3. Prompt questions from readers about those issues, and answer them regularly in a column.
Current popular syndicated features, for instance, offer advice on personal relationships, do-it-yourself projects, and travel.
In a professional or trade magazine, your question/answer feature might cover the history of your profession, provide an open forum where readers share information, or follow a how-to format. That's your decision.
Personal note: Lots of times I get questions whose answers I don't know. That's when I ask the advice of an expert in that field, and ask for his/her permission to include their response and name in the answer. If I don't know the answer, I tell the questioner I simply don't know.
Bottom line: If you want to connect better your readers, you must also give them the opportunity to reach you.
Rix Quinn wrote the new book Words That Stick, which offers lots of writing tips for professionals who hate to write. The book's available at your local bookstore, or http://www.tenspeed.com/catalog/all/item.php3?id=1661
Rix can be contacted directly at 817-920-7999.
Marketing Your Home Business through Newsletters
Newsletters are a wonderful way to market your business when on a budget. You can opt to write them yourself or hire a writer to do the job for you.
Newsletters - How To Build Your Subscriber List
If a visitor comes to your web site looking for information and doesn't sign up to receive your e-mails, you have missed an opportunity to turn that browser into a customer. This month we will be concentrating on how to build your subscriber list using the tips and techniques below. Increasing your newsletter subscription list with new subscribers will therefore increase your potential new customer database.
How To Write A Newsletter
Learn how to write your newsletter in as little as twenty minutes. You will have all the help in creating and writing your own newsletter. There are over 100 copyright articles that you can use to create your own newsletter. There is a step by step manuel that helps you write the newsletter of your dreams. You will be provided with layouts, easy to understand information, on which you would prefer, online or offline newsletters. There are bonuses that help you learn how to post your newsletter online or offline. You also get a resource pack that helps you with everything you need.
Entrepreneurs - 3 Ways You Can Profit From Newsletters Without Writing Them Yourself
I'm sure you have heard many online marketers touting the benefits of having a newsletter. I have used newsletters in the past for many sites. I've used them as a source of revenue by having advertisements embedded within the newsletter content. They are also effective as a means to keep a site sticky - to "anchor" clients and bring them back to the site. Newsletters can also be a great selling tool to provide free information, samples of your expertise or services, and as a taste of your full product/service. The lure of free content from newsletters can help you to turn casual surfers to potential customers and then finally paying customers.
10 Effective Ways To Gain More New Ezine Subscribers
1. Swap ads with other ezine publishers.
The Power of Newsletters
When discussing the possibility of creating a newsletter for one of my clients, he asked me, "How will a newsletter help me get sales?"
Ezine Advertising Strategy Exposed-16 Tips to Boost Your Profit
In my opinion, Electronic Magazine (Ezine) advertising is the greatest, untapped source of online advertising available today.
Email Newsletter Marketing Is Alive and Well: The Case for Continuing Newsletter Efforts
With the arrival of syndication or RSS technology, many claim the email newsletter is dead. Not true. Newsletters continue to offer companies a marketing tool that allows them to build and retain relationships with their clients.
Five Ways To Promote Your Ezine
After you've spent countless hours creating and publishing your own newsletter online, you still have to consider the fact that merely adding it to your website will not make it an overnight success.
Guaranteed Ways to Build Up Your Ezine List
Here are tips gleaned from roughly 5 years spent building up an ezine list. I've also incorporated comments and tips from Jenna Glatzer, who successfully built her list up to 75,000 at her excellent site, www.absolutewrite.com
What?s In Your Resource Box (SIG File)?
One of the most important things you can do to improve your visibility and connect with customers or clients is to create a strong personal branding statement in your resource box. I'm not talking about adding your job title. I'm talking about including what it is you really do.
Why a Newsletter Will Help Your Home Based Business
Web site traffic is a huge concern among home based business owners working online because the competition is stiff and it is a huge effort to get your web site noticed among the thousands of others. However, there are many tricks you can do to differentiate your web site and set it apart from others. One such thing is providing a newsletter to subscribers.
The Secret Truth About Writing Great Sales Copy.
Did you know that most people find it difficult to write sales copy that works?
10 Benefits Of Submitting Your Articles To Ezines
1. You'll brand your web site, business and yourself bysubmitting articles to ezines. You could include your name,business name, your credentials, web site address and e-mailaddress in your resource box.To find publisher you can submit your articles to, you cansimply visit Google and enter a keyword phase that describesyour target market (e.g. business owner) plus the worknewsletter or ezine: +"business owner" +newsletter2. You will become known as an expert on the topics you writeabout. This will give you and your business extracredibility which will help you compete against yourcompetition.3. Your article might also be placed on the publisher's homepage. If they publish each issue on their home page thiswill give you some extra exposure.To make it easier for the publisher, provide also an URL toa web page with your article on it. The easier it is forthe publisher to use your article, the higher the chancesthat they will do it.4. You might get extra exposure if the ezine publisher archivestheir ezine on their site. People might want to read theback issues before they make the decision to subscribe.5. You will get free advertising. This will allow you to spendyour profits on other forms of advertising. You could buyadvertisements in other ezines that don't publish yourarticles.6. You might get extra income from people wanting to hire youto write other articles, books, or even ask to speak atseminars. This is a great way to multiply your incom^e.7. You could allow ezine publishers to publish your articlesin their free e-books. Since people give them away, youradvertising could multiply all over the internet.8. You will get your article published all over the web when yousubmit it to an ezine publisher that has a free contentdirectory on their web site. They'll allow their visitors torepublish your article.Another option would be to submi^t your article to articledirectories. To find article directories that you can submityour articles to, you can again simply visit Google andsearch for: "article directory"9. You'll gain people's trust. If they read your article andlike it, they won't be as hesitant to buy your product orservice. You will then be able to increase your profits.10. You could get your article guaranteed to run in an ezine.You could agree to run one of their articles in your ezineif, in exchange, they run yours in their ezine. It's awin/win situation.Tip: If your article recommends one of your own resources,offer the publisher a percentage of each sale forpublishing your article. This could be done by using aspecial order link, or if you have an affiliate program,by allowing the publisher use his one affiliate link.
Surefire Ways to Pack a Punch With Your Ezines & Newsletters
Newsletters, or ezines, can be extremely effective marketing tools for your business. They put your name in front of your potential clients, regular clients, and peers while showing your expertise and professionalism. They are an excellent means to both market and grow your business and also show your existing clients your creative abilities. Now the only drawback is to ensure your newsletter is worthy of being read. I subscribe to a lot of newsletters, but find I regularly only read a few upon their arrival. When I decided to create my own newsletter, one of the first things I did was to look at those newsletters I regularly read and determine what it was about them that made me want to read them. What sets them apart from the rest?
How to Make Your eZine Work for You Long After Its Published
If you publish an email newsletter, do you convert the issues to HTML and archive them on your website? If you haven't been doing so, you should start now, today.
10 Sure Fire Ways To Get More Ezine Subscribers
1. Place testimonials for your ezine on your site.
How to Get More Sign-Ups to Your Newsletter
It never seems to amaze me how often I still see to this very day where people have gone to the effort of creating a hum dinger newsletter and paid for a good emailing responder but haven't made their offer juicy enough on their website to get mass amounts of people to sign up.
Ezine As A Viral Marketing Tool
A very popular method of marketing ezines and newsletters is bymaking them viral. If your newsletter contains information ofvalue, such as tips, hints, news or tutorials, you'll find thatsubscribers will forward it on to others.
Grow Your Business with a Newsletter
You find a Web site or receive an email about an online store with cool products that you'd like to order, but not right now. Either you file the email or bookmark the Web site. How often do you proactively return to the email or Web site? For me, the percentage is miserably low and my bookmarks file is hey-uuuge.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|