Increase Your Business Success With A Free Newsletter
Publishing a free newsletter is an effective and inexpensive marketing strategy with several business benefits. Here are some of those benefits:
1. Increases sales
Prospects only become paying clients when they know, like, and trust your business. Publishing a free newsletter is a way of making your readers get more acquainted with your business. As a result, this will increase sales. You'll find that when you convert your readers into paying clients, they'll repeatedly buy more of your services as they get to know you more, like you more and trust you more.
2. Positions you as an expert in your field
Experts can charge more for their services, and they often get more media exposure. By providing helpful tips to your readers, a newsletter is another vehicle for demonstrating your expertise, and showcasing your knowledge and skills. This will enhance your credibility in the marketplace and therefore attract more clients.
3. It's cost-effective
Publishing and distributing an electronic newsletter is inexpensive because it is delivered by email, and there's zero cost on printing and postage. Of course you can choose to publish in hard copy format, but that will defeat the cost-effective advantage of an electronic format. With the magic of technology today, you don't have to own a web site to be able to publish an electronic newsletter and distribute it via email. There are several companies that provide templates you can use to publish and distribute your newsletter. All you need is an email address to send it from and a subscription method.
Also, as it takes five to eight contacts for a prospect to say "yes" to buying from you, a newsletter is a cheap and easy way to "warm up" your prospects.
4. Nurtures relationships with clients and prospects
As long as you're in front of your clients and prospects on a regular basis, you'll be at the top of their mind when they're ready to buy the kind of service you offer. Unless you do this, they'll forget you. Publishing a newsletter is an effective way to stay in front of them without being a pest! As they read each newsletter issue, your subscribers will get to know, like and trust you more (that's if you're not bombarding them with just promotions). You'll be viewed as a valuable resource, rather than an aggressive salesman. As a result, you'll convert more prospects into clients, and turn more one-time clients into repeat buyers of your service.
5. Spreads the word about your business
Some of your subscribers might not be clients, but they may be groups that have influence and credibility with your target market e.g. the media, staff at trade associations, training companies and so on. Such groups are called "the centers of influence" of your industry. Keeping in touch with them via your newsletter can lead to paid speaking engagements, referrals, tons of media exposure and profitable joint ventures.
6. Helps you build an in-house mailing list
Many businesses spend thousands of dollars on list rental for direct mail campaigns. Offering a newsletter is one of the cheapest ways to get people's contact information, allowing you to market to them over and over again. This also means you'll have qualified prospects on your database? the more qualified your prospects are, the higher the chances of a sale.
Tips For Smooth Sailing:
? Don't publish a newsletter that is filled with promotions and nothing else, or that goes on and on about your business schedule or staff party or recent media exposure. Your readers don't care about these things. They only care about "what's-in-it-for-me" so make sure at least 80% of your content focuses on helpful tips for your readers.
? While you should focus your content primarily on information that is of use and interest to your subscribers, you should always include a subtle promotion for your services. Your readers wouldn't mind this, as long as you're providing valuable content. About 10-20% of your content should tell the reader how your services can solve their problem i.e. the problem you've just addressed in the newsletter article.
? Your newsletter shouldn't have so many pages. We're in an era of busy schedules and your readers probably subscribe to other publications. If yours takes more than 15-20 minutes to read and digest, you run the risk of having your readers delete it without reading or they may unsubscribe.
? Include a subscription box on your web site so that visitors can sign up to receive the free newsletter. Make sure the box is easy to find. If you don't own a web site then you can spread the word about your free newsletter by printing a "blurb" about it on your invoices, receipts, brochures, and other marketing materials.
? To build momentum fast, publish your newsletter at least once a month. In some industries, it is better to publish twice a month or weekly.
? Be consistent with your publishing schedule. If you've decided to publish once a month then do so consistently, otherwise a "here and there" schedule will undermine perceived reliability
? As with any marketing strategy, test and track to determine what works best. Variables to test include how often you publish, the length of your newsletter, the writing style, electronic vs. hard copy format etc.
Copyright © 2005 by Habiba Abubakar and Emprez. All rights reserved.
Note: You are welcome to republish this article as long as you do so in its entirety and the "about the author" bit at the end is included fully and unaltered.
Habiba Abubakar, a.k.a. The Profit Diva, specializes in helping small business owners who are struggling to increase their client base and are tired of earning mediocre profits. Her FREE business-building newsletter covers proven, low-cost, and immediately usable marketing strategies. Sign up for your FREE copy at http://www.profitdiva.com
Ezine As A Viral Marketing Tool
A very popular method of marketing ezines and newsletters is bymaking them viral. If your newsletter contains information ofvalue, such as tips, hints, news or tutorials, you'll find thatsubscribers will forward it on to others.
What?s In Your Resource Box (SIG File)?
One of the most important things you can do to improve your visibility and connect with customers or clients is to create a strong personal branding statement in your resource box. I'm not talking about adding your job title. I'm talking about including what it is you really do.
Why a Newsletter Will Help Your Home Based Business
Web site traffic is a huge concern among home based business owners working online because the competition is stiff and it is a huge effort to get your web site noticed among the thousands of others. However, there are many tricks you can do to differentiate your web site and set it apart from others. One such thing is providing a newsletter to subscribers.
How to Grow Your Ezine Subscriber List
Your ezine subscriber list is a very valuable group. They are interested in your product of service. They *want* to hear from you occasionally. They are interested in what's new with the subject and have asked to be kept in the loop.
Ways to Improve and Make Money from Your Newsletter
Our last three newsletters have covered the hot topic of email newsletters and their importance: Keeping Your Customers Informed, How to Build Your Subscriber List, and How To Write Your Newsletter. If you're new to our newsletter or have missed out on any of these editions, to view the complete series see the link at the end of this article.
8 Things To Think About Before You Start Advertising Profitably In Ezines!
Advertising in ezines is possibly the most effective way of generating fast sales. Ezine advertising also consumes very little of your time. However, ezine advertising does consume your money and can consume it very quickly if you're not careful. Here are 8 things, which if you think carefully about, will ensure that ezine advertising does not cost you more than you earn.
5 Quick Ways To Increase Your E-zines Subscriber Base
Welcome to all of you out in netland.
Success With Newsletters
Newsletters really DO work! With just a small amount of effort on your part they will work for you, even if your marketing budget a small.
Ezine Promotion, The Three Forgotten Tactics
If you are like most ezine publishers you want more ideas that work. But hold on a minute what about all the key strategies that you have overlooked?
The Secret Truth About Writing Great Sales Copy.
Did you know that most people find it difficult to write sales copy that works?
Three Ways You can Use the Ezines to Increase Your Sales
***1. FIRST PROMOTIONAL METHOD: Write ezine articles and submit to ezine publishers-
10 Effective Ways To Gain More New Ezine Subscribers
1. Swap ads with other ezine publishers.
Use the Power of Ezines to Increase Web Site Traffic!
If you don't have a list of your own then take advantage ofsomeone else's to increase web site traffic!
10 Reasons To Sell A Fee Based Subscription Ezine
1. You will create residual income. For example, if you charge a monthly subscription fee, you will get recurring income every month.
10 First Rate Tips To Getting More Ezine Subscribers
1. Submit your ezine to ezine directories.
5 Tips To Create A Kick-Butt Mini-Course That Pulls In Thousands of Rabid Subscribers... in a Flash!
One of the fastest ways to develop, build, and grow your ownlist of subscribers is to develop a "mini" course with anincredibly compelling promise.
Guaranteed Ways to Build Up Your Ezine List
Here are tips gleaned from roughly 5 years spent building up an ezine list. I've also incorporated comments and tips from Jenna Glatzer, who successfully built her list up to 75,000 at her excellent site, www.absolutewrite.com
The News About Newsletters
"A newsletter is the paring knife of communication tools. It seems simple and is easy to take for granted. Handled well, however, it's a highly capable tool." --Al Czarnecki Communications
Ezine Advertising Strategy Exposed-16 Tips to Boost Your Profit
In my opinion, Electronic Magazine (Ezine) advertising is the greatest, untapped source of online advertising available today.
10 Benefits Of Submitting Your Articles To Ezines
1. You'll brand your web site, business and yourself bysubmitting articles to ezines. You could include your name,business name, your credentials, web site address and e-mailaddress in your resource box.To find publisher you can submit your articles to, you cansimply visit Google and enter a keyword phase that describesyour target market (e.g. business owner) plus the worknewsletter or ezine: +"business owner" +newsletter2. You will become known as an expert on the topics you writeabout. This will give you and your business extracredibility which will help you compete against yourcompetition.3. Your article might also be placed on the publisher's homepage. If they publish each issue on their home page thiswill give you some extra exposure.To make it easier for the publisher, provide also an URL toa web page with your article on it. The easier it is forthe publisher to use your article, the higher the chancesthat they will do it.4. You might get extra exposure if the ezine publisher archivestheir ezine on their site. People might want to read theback issues before they make the decision to subscribe.5. You will get free advertising. This will allow you to spendyour profits on other forms of advertising. You could buyadvertisements in other ezines that don't publish yourarticles.6. You might get extra income from people wanting to hire youto write other articles, books, or even ask to speak atseminars. This is a great way to multiply your incom^e.7. You could allow ezine publishers to publish your articlesin their free e-books. Since people give them away, youradvertising could multiply all over the internet.8. You will get your article published all over the web when yousubmit it to an ezine publisher that has a free contentdirectory on their web site. They'll allow their visitors torepublish your article.Another option would be to submi^t your article to articledirectories. To find article directories that you can submityour articles to, you can again simply visit Google andsearch for: "article directory"9. You'll gain people's trust. If they read your article andlike it, they won't be as hesitant to buy your product orservice. You will then be able to increase your profits.10. You could get your article guaranteed to run in an ezine.You could agree to run one of their articles in your ezineif, in exchange, they run yours in their ezine. It's awin/win situation.Tip: If your article recommends one of your own resources,offer the publisher a percentage of each sale forpublishing your article. This could be done by using aspecial order link, or if you have an affiliate program,by allowing the publisher use his one affiliate link.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|