7 Ways to Consolidate Your Debt
If you are in debt, you have several options available to you in your quest to consolidate your balances and thereby reducing your monthly payments or paying off your loan faster. Let's look at 7 of the most popular and effective ways for you to consolidate your debt.
1. Life Insurance. Yes, many life insurance policies have a cash pay out [loan] provision. If you have held the policy for quite some time, the amount of equity built up in it can be quite large. What if you can't pay the insurer back? Good question! In many cases the amount you owe will be deducted from what your beneficiaries would receive upon your death.
2. Your Retirement Plan. If you have a 401(k) plan at work, you can usually borrow from the account and use these funds to pay off debt. Caution: if you do not pay back the loan within a certain specified time or you leave your job, you could be faced with penalties and tax charges from the Internal Revenue Service.
3. Credit Card Transfers. Chances are some of your outstanding loans are for double digit rates. Shop around and see if a credit card company will allow for you to transfer your outstanding balance over to them and at a significantly lower interest rate. Make sure that the cash transfer fees are low [better yet, see if you can have this fee waived] and that your interest rate remains fixed.
4. Home Equity Loans/Lines of Credit. If you own your own home, it is likely that you have built up equity in your home especially if you have lived there for several years and you live in an area of rapidly appreciating home values. If this is the case, lenders will be glad to offer to you a loan or line of credit based on your home's value. You can use the loan/line of credit to pay off debt; in many cases the interest rate for the loan/line of credit is tax deductible too, whereas for a credit card debt it is not.
5. Renegotiate Your Loan. Some lenders will be all too happy to lower your outstanding interest rate, especially if in doing so they get to keep you as a customer. Sure, your 19.8% rate may only drop to 14 or 15%, but that may be all you need to get a handle on your debt.
6. Your Savings Institution. Banks, savings and loan associations, and credit unions may be able to help you consolidate debt by offering to you one loan that will pay off all your debt and allow for you to have a low, fixed-rate payment instead. Shop around, the rates vary!
7. Go to Mama! Family loans are a popular way to get rid of debt. Still, if you can't pay them back, what effect will that "non-payment" have on your relationship with your family member? Sure, it may not effect your credit standing, but it certainly could have a negative effect on your family standing!
Naturally, you will want to explore each of these options and see which ones are the most feasible for you. Read the fine print and make sure you understand the terms of any debt consolidation loans. You want to reduce your debt, not create an avenue for further trouble.
Matt Keegan is The Article Writer who writes on subjects from Aviation to Zoos. Please contact Matt for your next article needs at http://www.thearticlewriter.com
Reducing Credit Card Debt
One of the easiest "things" that can happen in life is the ratcheting up of a large credit card debt. For whatever reason, making purchases with credit cards seems easier than spending cash to obtain a product or service.
Debt a Glossary of Terms
Bankruptcy - Having been legally declared financially insolvent. There are two types of bankruptcy - liquidation, in which your debts are cleared (discharged) and reorganization, in which you provide the court with a plan for how you intend to repay your debts.
Pay Off Debt - Get Out Of Debt And Lower Your Monthly Payments
Debt consolidation can be confusing, especially if you have never considered contacting a debt consolidation company before. A debt consolidation company can give you free advice on reducing your monthly payments and show you the path to becoming debt free. High interest rates and the various fees charged by creditors can leave the average consumer unable to meet their monthly financial obligations. If you have found yourself overwhelmed by credit card debt and unsecured loan payments, debt consolidation may be the answer you have been looking for.
Reducing Debt Through Lower Interest Loans
It happens to the majority of us, credit card debt accumulates and before we quite realize it, we are carrying a debt load that is far beyond our means. When this happens, we need to take immediate positive steps to knock down the debt as quickly as possible. One of the most efficient ways to do this is to reduce the amount of interest we pay by shopping around for a better rate and having our balances transferred over. By doing this, we pay more towards the principal, thereby reducing the duration of the loan and saving ourselves potentially thousands of dollars over the lifetime of the loan.
Debt Consolidation - Free Information About Consolidating Debt
Millions of consumers across the globe are searching for a way out of debt. Credit card bills, loans, and other unsecured debts have left many people unable to meet their monthly expenses. If you have found yourself in this position, don't feel alone. High interest rates and late charges can make paying down your credit card balances nearly impossible. Debt consolidation companies can help you pay off your debts and restore your credit rating.
Online Debt Consolidation ? Devising Newer Ways for Changing Consumer Trends
Consumers today are getting wiser by the day. They are educated and enlightened. They know what they want. A change in their needs and demands has led to a complete reworking of the market today. This changing trend has led to some innovations in the loan market itself. One of them is the online process of loan borrowing. This has made loan market extremely competitive and customer oriented.
Moving Debt Between Cards Can Save You Money
If you're like most people, you have plenty of credit cards, and you have stacks of offers for more. The credit card industry is so competitive that, whatever card you have, the chances are that somewhere out there is one that would be cheaper or better for you - and you can change as often as you want!
Alternatives to Filing Bankruptcy
Deciding to file for bankruptcy is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Too many people opt for this decision before finding out what other alternatives are available to them. Filing for Bankruptcy should be your last resort if possible. We have listed some alternatives for you to consider below:
What Is A Debt Consolidation Program?
Debt consolidation programs are devised to get you out of debt in the quickest and most inexpensive manner possible. When you sign up with a debt consolidation manager they will work with your creditors to combine all your debt and lower your monthly payments. It is a debt settlement arrangement that works by lowering your interest rates and forgiving your late fees thereby lowering your monthly payments.
16.4% APR $5,000 Auto Loan...HELP!
Are you the victim of a high interest rate auto loan? If so, the following email discussion may help you. Read on:
Debt Consolidation with Free Government Grants? One Scam to Avoid
Have you ever seen a commercial or an ad promising "free government grant money?" According to these ads, the government and other organizations give away nearly one half a trillion dollars each year, and all you need to do is apply! The ads go on to state that the money can be used for anything, including debt consolidation , student loans, a yacht or just about any frivolous thing you can imagine. All you need to do is call their toll free number, buy their book or enroll in their program and the details are soon on their way to you.
Burdened with Debt?
Too many debts? Having trouble paying your bills? Are you worried about losing your home or your car?
Overwhelmed By Student Loan Debt? Consider a Consolidate Student Loan
A consolidate student loan is the perfect solution for people who need help managing their debt. If you have several different loan payments but want to make only one payment per month, you should apply for a Federal Consolidation Loan.
Debt Consolidation Made Simple
If you have considered debt consolidation then you are probably a little overwhelmed with the mass amount of debt consolidation companies there are to choose from. With some of these debt consolidation companies, it's hard to even find out what debt consolidation is all about. It seems you have to commit to sharing your entire financial history, as well as sitting through a high pressure sales pitch, with some.
Debt Consolidation Loans: Thousands Now Out Of Debt, Who Never Thought They Would Be!
A Debt consolidation loan: Is a personal loan you use to pay all your debts. You may odtain it from a finance company, bank, credit union, debt consolidation company, merchant association, debt pooling service, or nonprofit consumer debt service. You may also borrow from friends and relatives.
Debt Consolidation can Ruin Your Credit
Yes, Debt Cosolidation isn't a good idea and I'll tell you why. I've done research of my own and found out some disturbing information.
What is Debt Consolidation?
Here is a useful guide to what is Debt consolidation. For some people with credit problems debt consolidation may be an answer. Debt consolidation is borrowing enough money from one lender to pay off all your debts. When you consolidate:
Debt Reduction Solutions
Finding solutions to reducing your debt takes some thinking and research on your part. You have some good choices available to you and we shall list these key debt reduction solutions for you right here:
The Pros and Cons of Debt Consolidation Loans
You are swimming in debt. You have 4 credit cards maxed out, a car loan, a consumer loan, and a house payment. Simply making the minimum payments is causing your distress and certainly not getting you out of debt. What should you do?
Free Yourself Of Debt and Worry with Debt Consolidation
Debt consolidation programs can help you lift the burden of excessive debt and potentially save you hundreds of dollars a month. Debt consolidation professionals will work with you and your creditors to design a plan to help you lower your payments and reduce your debts quickly. You can become debt free sooner than you imagined and begin living a new, better life. Debt consolidation plans can be customized to fit your individual needs and getting started is easy.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|