Top Ten Ways To Prepare for Your Online Book Marketing Success
Still marketing your book through press releases, networking groups, and talks to groups? If these methods have taken a great deal of effort and time and brought you only a few clients or product sales, you may now be ready for your virtual marketing machine, the Internet!
To get ready to market your book Online use these ten tips:
1. Buy an up-to-date computer with a 56k modem or more and Internet capability.
2. Open an email account. Bypass the freebies, because you need an email account from which you can send an attachment. You want to look professional. For you email address, don't use confusing letters and numbers. Use your name plus business keyword such as Judy@bookcoaching.com.
Since dial up connections are so slow, consider getting DSL or cable high-speed Internet. Before you buy, ask about limitations on sending group email (no-spam, of course).
3. Educate yourself about email, the Internet, and your own computer program. Take a community college or adult school computer and Internet program at low cost or free. You'll notice many others like yourself there, eager to learn. More advanced students will help you each step of the way.
4. Hire a one-on-one low-cost computer/internet coach, who can give you individual lessons if you don't want to attend seminars. They can help you proceed successfully with your e-commerce. Call your local high schools, computer schools or colleges for computer-savvy students who will be happy to receive $8-10 an hour.
Connect with teachers, career centers, or student centers to start the ball rolling. Tell them you want an assistant. Make an ad that lists the capabilities you need. Be sure to follow up because schools are less business oriented and may not call you back.
5. Hire a computer assistant; because you are not only a coach, speaker or author, you are a business! These assistants can make you look like a large business.
Make them part of your virtual marketing machine at a low cost. Use your assistant as much as you want to expand your success. You will look like a successful professional by adding new part-time staff. Start with 6-9 hours a week, and watch your clients and product sales grow! Your coach is approached by many big businesses wondering how she got to be #1 in Google and 35 other search engines.
6. Offer more than just one product to your potential buyers. Part of the plan is to allow automatic, ongoing sells for your lifetime, either on your Web site or other seller sites. If you plan to write a book, write a short one first. Then, expand as you can. Publishing a short book is savvy business because you start making money right away to fund your other projects. Divide and conquer. Think of chapter excerpts, articles, tips, or how-to lists you can email free to prospective buyers.
Incorporate your action plan to sell other products that relate to your book. Submit informational pieces to ePublishers and top Web masters so that your word gets out to thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people daily on the net. This untapped eager-to-buy audience awaits your service and product. For more information on this, contact your book and Internet promotion coach.
7. Include your five-to-eight line signature at the end of every email you send. Include your name, email address, Web site address and local and 800 number. Include your business practice, number one benefit, and be sure to offer a free special report or ezine so you can collect those email addresses for future promotions. Include your email and web site hyperlinks to make it easy for your client to click through to where you are selling your products or service. Separate each email's end and signature with graphics such as ==== or #####.
8. Promote your book through writing short articles to submit to opt-in ezines. Use a search engine to find Web site ezines in your category or genre or send directly to the ezines. Your article must be compelling, concise and useful, so take care and edit it until it shines. Most editors and publishers want articles from 500-800 words.
These people want and need your free information for their ezines web sites. They publish with your Signature Box at the bottom. Web sites publish your URL.
9. Submit your articles to top Web sites to multiply sales. To market your books, boost your Web site popularity to the top ten through the search engines by submitting how-to articles to sites with your category. Top site ezines get from 15,000 to 500,000 readers daily. These sites need your daily content, and they will pay you handsomely by including your key words that help your search engine position. Your Internet marketing coach is #1 now on Google and 35 others with the key word, "book coaching." When you submit your articles, the site also includes your URL in a hyperlink straight to your Web site or where ever you sell your products or service. In no time, like me, you can be listed on over 3140 other sites with a link back to yours.
10. Create your own inexpensive book Web site. Coaches, speakers, and other small business people can catapult their business with a short print or eBook. While it's possible to sell books on other publishers' or book sellers' sites, you need to eventually develop your own site. Authors without a site are like business people without email. Make your home page sizzle with dazzling ad copy, headlines, and a sales letter. You will sell books and make your coaching practice a household word.
Be willing to do what it takes, such as hire an Internet or book coach, to get Online savvy because this wonderful marketing machine is there for you and your boosted, consistent business success.
Judy Cullins, 20-year book and Internet Marketing Coach, Author of 10 eBooks including "Write your eBook Fast," and "How to Market your Business on the Internet," she offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, The Book Coach Says...and Business Tip of the Month at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 140 free articles. Email her at mailto:Judy@bookcoaching.com
Speaking for a Publication
Why write a book and get attention and loads of contacts?
Are You Ready For The Publishing Revolution?
Writing has traditionally been considered a solitary craft. You wrote you article or book in seclusion. You submitted it to an editor or publisher and prayed it would be published.
Is Traditional Book Marketing Getting you Down?
"Are you disappointed and tired of time and money down the drain using traditional book marketing? How would you like to sell more books than you ever dreamed of in less time and never have to leave your office?" Would you like to do it all for free?
Why Write Articles to Promote your Book?
Reach 15,000 to 100,000 targeted buyers every week Online. That's the best reason I know to write and submit how-to articles to opt-in ezines and top web sites. get more book sales.Now, that's real exposure! And it's totally targeted because these people visit sites and subscribe to ezines who feature your topics of expertise. Your coach now has over 105 articles circulating and these have brought her over one-third her monthly income.
Your Book Marketing Plan - Winning Strategies and Tips
Many authors hit a roadblock when it comes to putting together and implementing a book marketing plan. You know you need to have one, you have a vague idea of what it needs to include, but pulling it all together into a step-by-step plan of attack is not nearly as easy as it sounds.
Sell More Books on Amazon.com
Why Should Your Book Be on Amazon.com?Credibility. If your book is important, it should be available at the world's biggest book store.
Book Marketing 101
Francine Silverman. Book Marketing from A-Z (InfinityPublishing.com, 2005). Trade paperback. 400 pages. $18.95 US.
Online Book Marketing: How to Sell Your Book Even If You Are Not a Salesperson
What you do after you have written your book is as much, if not more, important than the actual writing of it. You can take a great book and poor marketing and have very poor results. Conversely, I believe you can take a mediocre book, market it well, and make very good sales from it. The only limiting factor is you. You probably think, "I'm a writer, not a salesperson." That's true, but there are some very simple things you can do to create a website that sells your book.
Promote Your Books on Talk Shows and Make More Money
Successful authors are convinced that radio interviews are the very best way to reach large audiences and publicize their books. Interviews give authors an opportunity to expound on the topic of their book and disclose personal feelings. While not actively selling, they entice listeners to want to learn more. If you are willing to speak about what you have written, you will certainly make more money. Here's how:
Five Tips To Consider When Choosing A Publisher
Choosing a publisher probably seems like a complicated task, however, you may find the process somewhat less challenging if you consider the following five suggestions.
How to Create an Amazing Author Website
Without a website, an author is unknown.Without a website, an author sells fewer books.Without a website, an author has limited web presence.Without a website, an author has limited media presence.Without a website, an author can't maximize his or her creativity, expertise and talent.
Book Club Sales -- Increasing the Odds
What is a book club sale? It is actually a rights sale or a licensing agreement: you are granting permission to a book club the right to "borrow" your work. You have written a book, and now you are allowing a book club to print and distribute your book to its members.
Three Powerful Tips on Selecting a Book Topic that Sells
The topic of your book or eBook counts-big time. Which would you buy-The Art of Kissing or The Art of Courtship? The kissing book sold over 60,500 while the other sold only 17,500 copies. Before you choose your topic pay attention to your audience. What do they want and need? What will they be willing to pay for your information?
You, Your Book and the Internet!
Authors, especially self published, small press and Print on Demand authors should understand the power of the Internet when promoting a book. There is POWER in cyberspace authors and it's only getting bigger and better. More users will be online buying books next year than this year. More people are buying books today online than they were yesterday.
Seven Really Truly Unique Ways to Sell More Books
These marketing tips aren't for the weak at heart. Use discretion and know where the ego and self-promotion boundary stands for you.
28 Reasons Why Publishers Will Buy Your Book
Editors will buy a book for one or more of the following reasons. By knowing what these reasons are, you can then design a marketing plan with those features in mind.
Titles (and Subtitles) Sell Books!
Does a title really sell a book? The short answer is, yes. If a book does not attract a reader initially, it will be overlooked and not purchased. The book title is the element that creates the initial attraction to the book.
Best Selling Book Cover Design
To get a book cover design may be expensive and painstaking one. Book cover and the layout of the inside pages should catch the eye of the readers in today's market. Book cover the marketing tool for any writers or publishers if you got that one right then you work is half done. Find a Designer who user the state of art software to which is preferred by most printers.
How Many Ways Can You License Your Tips Booklet?
You've been thinking about writing a tips booklet. After all, it's shorter, faster, and easier than writing an entire book. A single tips booklet manuscript can be recycled over and over again, developing a new income stream with each deal you make. The booklet can be distilled from a book you've already written, a newsletter you distribute, or from sound bites you continually share with clients, audiences and anyone who will listen.
What Service Do You Need to Make your Book Sell?
Whether you are just starting or almost finished with your print or eBook, you wonder, "What step to take next?" Who can help me find the right publisher? Who can partner with me to make my book a solid seller? Check out your choices to be sure you get what you need.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|