Why You Need a SEO Maintenance Plan
A search engine optimization maintenance service plan willensure that your site will continue to increase in itsrankings, attract more visitors and make more sales. It'snot enough to simply design your web site, have itoptimized for the search engines and expect it tocontinually rank well. If left alone, you may soon lose thebusiness your web site initially generated.
What should be included in a SEO maintenance service plan?
1. Monitor search engine rankings - there will be manyfluctuations in your search engine rankings. This may bedue to search engines changing their ranking formulas, orcompetitors trying to get ahead of you. More sites areadded to the web each day so you need to monitor yoursearch engine rankings to be competitive. I create monthlyranking reports on where your site is currently ranked foreach of the major search engines.
2. Traffic Tracking - it's essential to know where most ofyour traffic is coming from so you can make adjustments toyour marketing strategies. For example if most of yourtraffic is coming from one particular page, you may want toplace your best products on that page to get more sales. Ianalyze your site statistics (if they are available fromyour web host) to check how much traffic you are receiving,where is it coming from and what keywords are being used tofind your site.
3. Keyword research - web sites are being added to the webevery day, therefore keywords that once got high rankingsmay no longer work. You may have high search enginepositions for your most important keyword phrases but ifyou are not receiving any traffic from those phrases, youwill need to evaluate the keywords that you have used.Attaining a number 1 ranking for keywords that no one will search for, will not increase your traffic.
Researching new keywords is essential to maintain goodrankings. I analyze the current keywords used on your siteand research and add new ones. Once the keywords have beenchosen, the content should be updated to reflect them. Thismay include subtle changes to the meta tags, page titlesand text headings; or it could involve adding additionalsections to the site, rewriting content and reorganizingthe web site's structure. It all depends on the specificrequirements of the site and market.
4. Competitive analysis - an integral part of search engineoptimization is determining what keywords your competitorsare using. I analyze where your competitors are currentlyranked for the same keywords you are using for your webpages. I also check how many competitors you have for eachof the major search engines. If there are too manycompetitors for a particular keyword it may be better touse less competitive keywords for your web pages or usethem in conjunction with the most popular ones.
I will also analyze the link popularity of your competitorsto determine how many incoming links they have and what thequality of those links are. You should not link tounrelated sites and ideally link to sites that alreadyattract a lot of traffic.
5. Adding fresh content - web sites that continuouslyupdate and/or expand their content, usually experiencehigher rankings than stagnant web sites. New keywordsshould first be researched before adding new content. Thiswill help boost your traffic and rankings because visitorswill have more ways to land on your site based on thekeywords they entered in the search engines. One great wayto achieve this is to add new articles to your site on aregular basis.
6. Web copy analysis - getting a lot of traffic to yoursite does not guarantee sales. It primarily depends on howeffective your web copy is. (Read my article: " How toWrite Effective Web Copy " www.isitebuild.com/web-copy).You want to convert visitors into sales. I analyze how yourweb copy is structured on the page, what words you use, ifit is written for your visitors plus check it for spellingand grammatical errors.
7. Boost link popularity - this refers to the amount ofother quality web sites that have links pointing back toyours. The more quality links there are, the better youwill rank on the major search engines. I extensivelyresearch other sites related to yours and add or exchangelinks with them. This may require a links/resources page tobe added to your site.
8. Tweaking web site structure and navigation - if visitorsare having a difficult time navigating your site, readingthe content or experience broken links, then I will repairor tweak the site to make it more suitable for yourvisitors.
Conclusion - your web site should be an integral part ofyour business plan. It may be the first view your visitorshave of your business. You therefore should update andmaintain it regularly so your visitors will want to revisitand keep doing business with you.
Herman Drost is the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)owner and author of http://www.iSiteBuild.com.
Choose a Search Engine Optimization Plan or SEO Maintenance Plan that fits your web site. Visit: http://www.isitebuild.com/sitepromotion
Search Engine Keywords - What Do People Search For?
Do you ever wonder how people search for things on the Internet? What if you knew exactly what words they typed when using a search engine? If you're marketing a product or service it's extremely insightful to know what are the most popular search terms relating to whatever you're marketing.
Ten Steps To A Well Optimized Website - Step 2: Content Creation
Welcome to part two in this search engine optimization series. In part one we covered the importance and tactics for choosing the keywords and keyword phrases that will provide the highest ROI for your optimization efforts. In part two we will discuss how to properly write content for high search engine positioning.
Using Meta Tags Wisely to Attract Search Engines and Visitors
There are certain tricks and techniques in SEO industry, which can fetch you real quick and top ranking in short run and get banned for ever, which I am discussing in this article. Before optimizing any site, always follow code of ethics and never spam.
All About Google
If you read The Search Engine Showdown, you know Google is my favourite search engine. Why? Google always offers the most results for any given search (they currently have over 8 billion pages indexed), it's faster than the Audi Quattro we test drove this morning, and 9 times out of ten, in my experience, all the front page results are relevant to my search. In fact, I usually find what I'm looking for within the first few sites listed. I also really respect the fact that two college kids started it (kinda like Abalone Designs!) and that those two college kids seem not to have forgotten where they came from. If you check out the images at Google's press center (http://www.google.com/press/images.html) and scroll down to the Everyday Life Inside Google section, you'll get a feeling that life at Google is fun.
Basic Search Engine Optimization For Dummies
OK, you published your site, now you just sit by the phone with a notepad as the orders pour in, right? Well, weeks go by and nothing happens. What's wrong?
Anchor Text Optimization
Anchor Text (also called phrase linking) can significantly improve your web pages relevance in the search engines. Optimized or keyword rich anchor text can help your web site gain positioning in the search engines as well as help drive better targeted search traffic.
Adding Content To Your Site Every Day
If you have been a webmaster for more than a week, you've surely heard the saying "Content Is King". And it really is true! This article will explain why the regular addition of fresh content to your website is so crucial and explain several ways to do it easily and inexpensively (even free).
Put the Full Power of Google to Work with 11 Google Power Search Tips
Google has many ways to help you find want you want easily. Here are 11 Power Search Tips to make your Google Experience easier and more fun. These Search Tips were found on the Following Google web page http://www.google.com/help/operators.html
Beginners - Getting Listed In Search Engines
Once you have your web site complete and ready to be listed you need to take a slow step by step approach to get listed in the search engines. If you do it right the first time and then build on that formula, your profits and your site will benefit in the long run. Those willing to spend the time and put these techniques into practice are the ones that will benefit and are more likely to be successful.
Link Popularity: Distribute Content, Not Just Links
You've spent many hours trying to increase your online traffic with your linking campaign. You've sent out 200 e-mails pleading with other web sites to trade links with your site. Many of your e-mails bounce back.
Search Engine Optimization :: The Basics and Why Websites Need It
We all know that the most targeted traffic we can get for our websites is from search engines. If you have a little patience and time to set websites the right way you can have a great source of excellent traffic and, best of all, you get it for free.
An Ethical Alternative to Doorway Pages
Definition: A doorway page is content created specifically for the purpose of garnering high placements in the search engines.
SEM - Research Measures Success
SEM - Research Measures Success
Is Reciprocal Linking Dead?
I just read an article at SitePro News that really rings my bell.
Article Marketing: Fox in the Competitor Hen House or Chicken Little?
I recently was asked by an author to remove a free contentarticle from a client web site where we had posted it (withseveral others from different authors) to increase topicalrelevancy at a site that fit the article perfectly.
Surviving Googles Aging Delay
Google has always been the search industry's innovator and that's just what Google's aging delay symbolizes, the evolution of search innovation? yet another significant step forward for Google.
4 Tricks For Lightning Fast Indexing
The biggest problem that most are running into seems to do with getting INTO the search engines. Rankings aside, you need to first get them to index you. Here are the four main ways to assure yourself fast indexing:
Link Building Services
In today scenario when we talk about Search Engine Optimization, we also talk about one of the most important aspect of SEO, which is Link Building. But there are different types, aspects and limitations of Link Building, which would be discussed now under
Answers Count - Matching Keyword and Phrase Density
What's more important to your business success - the question or the answer? Certainly, you want your questions to reflect what you are trying to find out. Obviously, your questions should be easily understood. Most definitely, you're hoping for some positive responses. But, what you really need to do is count repetitive keywords and phrases found in your respondents answers.
Boost Your Website Rankings with Expert Content
The chase for a high web ranking is constantly on and is in fact very demanding given the tough competition provided by all the other websites out there who happen to be putting up material on the same subject as you. All websites with average or below average content become victims of isolation and cyber ostracism. A good web ranking while ensuring a website's popularity pays off in the form of greater earnings from advertisers on the your website.
|© Athifea Distribution LLC - 2013|